Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times

Advertisements

when I lived up in Albany Park, I had a huge bedroom. I miss it, but I like where I live here better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Yeh, not a lot going on up in Albany Park. Its best feature seems to be quick access to the Brown Line to take you to more interesting places. Then again, that pretty much describes where I live (one neighborhood south of Albany), but substitute "Blue" for "Brown." But "not a lot going on" also means "more affordable rent." Well worth the tradeoff IMO.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Yeah, I go back and forth on that. I enjoy being able to walk to where I want to go and ride my bike to work in the LOOP in 20 minutes, that and I have a great deal with my landlord and have dirt-cheap rent, so it works for me, despite my tiny bedroom. We'll see how I feel in a few years.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 PM

6 posts, read 9,599 times
Default questions about Ukrainian Village

I'm moving onto West Grand Ave. on the edge of Ukrainian Village in a few months. And I'm just wondering whats around. Whats the vibe in general. and what's worth checking out. my mom got me confused and got me to think we were moving to wicker park which got me excited, but now that I know we're moving to Ukrainian Village, I'm a bit disappointed. I'm coming from the suburbs and I dont know what to expect. is ukrainian village worth disappointment?

and what is the nearest cta station

Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Grand Ave is not in Ukrainian Village. It is in West Town over there. So there is your second disappointment.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

i knew it, i had a loooong arguement with my mom about how ukrainian village doesnt reach grand ave but she just wouldnt believe me. we're moving in with her boyfriend who has lived in chicago his whole life so youd think his knowledge of the neighborhood would be sharper
ive looked at so many maps of where The ukrainian Village ends and they're all differant, i saw two that stopped at grand though. whats that about.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Oh god, someone make me feel better about moving on to Grand Ave. Am I in the baren asscrack of chicago. or is there something around to make me feel a bit better. I'm just worried its completely dead there. I'm moving from a very dead suburb so it wouldn't be a downgrade, I was just hoping for a good change.

Last edited by jobri; 08-30-2009 at 06:14 PM..

Old 08-30-2009, 06:49 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Dude, compared to the burbs, West Town is Greenwich Village.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM

367 posts, read 917,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
dude, compared to the burbs, west town is greenwich village.
lol

True, it's going to be better than where your at and you are not too far from Wicker Park. It would be a quick bike ride probably. And if you are against bike rides and walking you might want to stay in the burbs.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 PM

53 posts, read 141,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobri View Post
I'm moving onto West Grand Ave. on the edge of Ukrainian Village in a few months. And I'm just wondering whats around. Whats the vibe in general. and what's worth checking out. my mom got me confused and got me to think we were moving to wicker park which got me excited, but now that I know we're moving to Ukrainian Village, I'm a bit disappointed. I'm coming from the suburbs and I dont know what to expect. is ukrainian village worth disappointment?

and what is the nearest cta station
It' mostly industrial to the south of Grand Ave. over there. There is no nearby CTA station, but at Western and Grand is the first Metra stop outside of Union Station. You'll need a car over there, but traffic isn't bad and access is fast. Betty Blue Star Lounge is open until 4 am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago