Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,972 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are moving from Phoenix to Chicago toward the end of January. We currently live in a studio with our dog and get on just fine, so we're hoping to do the same in Chicago. Luckily, our dog is a lazy one, and we have no problem living in a studio. I think the biggest problem is our budget. Currently, the highest we'd go would be around $750 a month. Is that possible? I've been looking a lot online, but I could barely find any places that allow dogs, especially larger dogs.

Does anyone know of any apartments or have any advice? We're really not picky, so any recommendations would be appreciated, even if it's not in the area we prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
How many pounds is the dog? A lot of buildings only allow up to 40 pounds, but obviously there are exceptions especially the less gentrified of a neighborhood you enter into.

Which websites have you looked on to find apartments so far?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,972 times
She's about 50 pounds. I've looked on Zillow, Domu, PadMapper, Rent.com, and a few other sites. I want to start contacting places, but I'm not sure how early is too early. I contacted one place and they told me to contact them in November because they don't know what's going to be available in January/February.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:02 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
If you are moving in January or February, it's pretty early to be looking now. I would agree to start looking in November. The rental market is hot, and has been for awhile. While some people may know 5-6 months in advance what will not be there, it's more rare.

You have a good site list there. What exactly are your requirements for this besides price? I'm talking about say where one or both of you will be working

Old 08-27-2013, 05:09 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,836 times
There are a lot of affordable and large dog friendly buildings on Marine Dr. across from the puptown dog park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: