Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
One of the basic pillars of our (or any) society is law and order.
Since you are completely against officers of the law that makes you an anarchist. If a country loses law and order it crumbles.

You contradict yourself.

It's refreshing to finally have one person among the four people who ganged up on me actually present a counter-argument.

You are absolutely correct. And this is a very valid point. However, again, it wasn't anarchy that caused the Roman Empire to fall..

Last edited by urza216; 09-29-2010 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
You really are good at blowing smoke aren't you? Ok I'll do a quick reply here to work through your psychobabble. I listed about 10 Military Recruiting centers in well to do areas. As far as politicians children Patrick Daley enlisted. Prince Harry was in military operations. I'm sure there are many others. So your argument fails there too. Not sure what Rome falling has to do with any of this. No part of this discussion has to do with America falling. Talking about the Gestapo makes zero sense in this argument too. What does make sense is the fact that Military forces are what brought freedom back.

Posting in progress...
Logical fallacies are not a part of psychology. Logical fallacy are logical fallacies. Every high schooler on the debate team knows every one of them by heart. No, I was never on the debate team (although maybe I should have been). But I'm just sayin'.

Personally attacking someone in no way makes their argument any less valid. It's as simple as that.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM

588 posts, read 1,799,412 times
I finished typing my post so feel free to read the rest of it. Where was my personal attack? I was merely giving my opinion and assessment of the situation. I stand by my opinion that you are a 24 year old know that avoids the majority of the questions I have asked and that you have given no examples of having real world experience in the subject matter. I also asked what your contributions have been in protecting the freedom we enjoy. I wasn't claiming you haven't made any, I just asked if you have. If you haven't, and you are just enjoying the Freedoms others have fought for, that's ok too. It would appear that the majority of the "experience" you have in this subject is academic and text book and by somehow referencing Rome and Nazi Germany, that this somehow adds depth or appears to have a deeper understanding of the subject matter, but this is not the case.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:11 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
So here is a story where the cops easily could have lit up a guy, but did not... So much for the argument that cops are out to kill people...

Driver who punched cops was high on crack, prosecutors say :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2769088,driver-punched-cops-crack-100310.article - broken link)

Old 10-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
So here is a story where the cops easily could have lit up a guy, but did not... So much for the argument that cops are out to kill people...

Driver who punched cops was high on crack, prosecutors say :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime (http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2769088,driver-punched-cops-crack-100310.article - broken link)
Gangbangers aren't out to kill people either. Killing is just something that sorta happens sometimes.

I'm sure gangbangers have shown mercy before too. Big whoop.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Gangbangers aren't out to kill people either. Killing is just something that sorta happens sometimes. ...
Yeah ok.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:20 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
So I couldn't sleep last night and flipped on WBBM 780 to listen to in bed. There was a report that overall crime was down 4% or so from last year, and the homicide total is on pace to be the lowest since 1965. Just looked for a link now

Chicago police report drop in crime so far this year (http://wbbm.cbslocal.com/2010/10/03/chicago-police-report-drop-in-crime-so-far-this-year/ - broken link)

Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
So I couldn't sleep last night and flipped on WBBM 780 to listen to in bed. There was a report that overall crime was down 4% or so from last year, and the homicide total is on pace to be the lowest since 1965. Just looked for a link now

Chicago police report drop in crime so far this year (http://wbbm.cbslocal.com/2010/10/03/chicago-police-report-drop-in-crime-so-far-this-year/ - broken link)
The thing is Chicago had 500k to 600k more people in 1965 than it does now.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
interesting:

Is Nation's Most Dangerous Neighborhood In Chicago? - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/dangerous.neighborhoods.chicago.2.1945681.html - broken link)

Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM

955 posts, read 1,831,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
Thats continued good news on the violent crime front. I recently heard that the Cook County jail population is actually decreasing and that they are closing some portions of that institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago