Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:16 PM

720 posts, read 3,007,221 times

Advertisements

I'm from the burbs so not really that knowledgable about my way aruond the city. My gf just recently decided she wanted to move down there. I guess they got some specials running now a little over $1300 for a studio whcih I personaly think is ridiculous but I've seen people paying as high as $1600 so I guess its a deal if you want to call it that.

Not a whole lot of reviews or info about the place online. My main question is whats the parking situation near there. Whats the cheapest I coudl park? Probaby be going maybe one night after work during the week, one friday night and maybe once over the weekend.

Also, is the pricing in line with that area or is it especially high since its a new building and is getting hyped b/c the design, tallest building built by fenmale architect, yada yada yada. I was thinking any other building besides that one would probably be several hundred less but I could be wrong.

Also, whats the neighborhood/area like? Doesn't seem like a whole lot of small ethnic or unique restaurants, seems more restaurants in hotel lobby type places.

Anyhow, especially interested in parking but interested in hearing more abou tthe area nad the parking and the buildnig in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 12:47 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,169,405 times
It's a block from Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, so it would be expensive even if it was an old Soviet bunker.

It's not just rent that will be expensive, too, but groceries, eating out, anything bought locally. That area, while nice to be in because of nearby high-end amenities, is not a good place to live for anyone stretching just to make rent.

As far as parking, how much it costs to park nearby will vary a LOT from week to week, night to night, etc, depending on what sort of events are going on nearby. Some nights, like if the President is speaking in the nearby hotels, you won't even be able to park at all nearby. Other nights, you'll be able to find street parking, which will be free after 9pm. In general, though, if you're concerned about parking costs you should probably be looking into visiting via public transit. If you're living in 60565, you're basically in the middle of nowhere now, and Aqua is pretty much in the epicenter of the entire Midwest. It's gonna be expensive. There are a lot of fun free things you can do downtown, but there will also always be the temptation to spend money on even cooler things - a lot of people have a hard time resisting that pull.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
We already have a thread on this building. It comes up on the first page of search results when searching the forum using the word "Aqua."

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-now-open.html

Also look in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...ghborhood.html

Old 09-13-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
We already have a thread on this building. It comes up on the first page of search results when searching the forum using the word "Aqua."

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-now-open.html

Also look in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...ghborhood.html
I came across those threads already and there wasn't really any helpful info. It all seemed to be talking about "yeah I hear its opening soon" "ya I saw it during construction, etc. Nothing about what the buildnigs like, howe the pricing is, how parking is, etc.

Also, to the first guy, I considered taking metra but there's an 8 year wait for a spot at my burbs train station, there is no overnight parking so i cant stay down ther without getting tickets or towed and if i come back i have the slow train which is like 1.5 hours plus so would prefer to drive just so I can come and go as i please. im pretty sur parking is ging to be a costly thing though.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,465 times
On nights and weekends the METRA lots are usually not crowded and you can park in the designated visitor lot. Check to see if your station allows overnight parking.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
I came across those threads already and there wasn't really any helpful info. It all seemed to be talking about "yeah I hear its opening soon" "ya I saw it during construction, etc. Nothing about what the buildnigs like, howe the pricing is, how parking is, etc.

Yes pricing is talked about. You must not have looked through the thread at all.

The main point is you could have posted your question in one of those threads instead of having yet another thread for the same building and area.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Yes pricing is talked about. You must not have looked through the thread at all.

The main point is you could have posted your question in one of those threads instead of having yet another thread for the same building and area.
The only thing I recall seeing about pricing was a post that says it varies widdely.

Responses like yours arent helpful. Pretty much any questino asked on this board was previously asked and could be searched for, we should just close all future topics and people can just search for their questions.

People want answers unique to their situation as I do. I dont think ther was much detail about the area of the building in previous threads

Old 09-14-2010, 06:06 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,748,544 times
Maybe have her look at Century Tower, it's at Lake and Wells and is a bit cheaper. They offer parking for residents in a lot on the next block. We lived there a couple of years ago and it was $125 a month for nights only parking (4pm-6am) or $175 a month for 24 hours. They also sold 10 packs of one day passes for $14 each or thereabouts.

Website deactivated

Old 05-29-2011, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 7,061 times
Default amenities

Are the amenities open 24/7? Pool, gym?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 PM

47 posts, read 54,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2design View Post
Are the amenities open 24/7? Pool, gym?

You know you can call the management office find out right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago