Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times

Advertisements

I've been to so few Wal-Marts in suburban C(r)ook, but my fav location easily has to the one in Hodgkins near the La Grange Rd.(US 12/20/45) and Joliet Rd(old US 66) intersection(and was recently upgraded to a Supercenter). Honorable mention to the Golf/Milwaukee Niles Wal-Mart by Golf Mill Mall. Two bonuses: if you've lucky enough to live near the Pace #330 bus(and this includes if you live as far south as Summit and Chicago's Garfield Ridge neighborhood), and want to go there inbetween Monday and Saturday, you can get a single seat ride without driving right to the Hodgkins location. There's even a Half-Price Books not too far north of here on La Grange Rd!

I've never been a fan of the other Niles location near Village Crossing on Touhy, the biggest reason being the service at that one is extremely bad beyond belief(and that the service problems there are a running joke between me and my friends). I only go to that location as a last resort, if I can't find what I'm looking for at any other Target or Wal-Mart, and/or other stores.

Never been to the location near North and Cicero within Chicago, so I won't comment on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 AM

258 posts, read 760,643 times
Check out the Hodgkins, Elmhurst, and Glen Ellyn locations.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM

13 posts, read 21,447 times
Again, why is it assumed that the "white" people areas are clean, safe and "****** dorie"? I am not being sacrcastic I am just trying to understand the rhyme and reason behind the "good" and the "bad".

Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM

122 posts, read 200,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Honorable mention to the Golf/Milwaukee Niles Wal-Mart by Golf Mill Mall. I've never been a fan of the other Niles location near Village Crossing on Touhy, the biggest reason being the service at that one is extremely bad beyond belief(and that the service problems there are a running joke between me and my friends). I only go to that location as a last resort, if I can't find what I'm looking for at any other Target or Wal-Mart, and/or other stores.
Oh lord do I second that! The WalMart on Touhy is horrid! I go to the Target on Touhy instead. Heck, even if I have to spend more money I don't care because at least the store is not congested, you can get through aisles with a shopping cart and their customer service is top notch.

The WalMart on Golf Road is beautiful and their customer service is always on top of things (at least all the times I was there).

Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Both Walmarts in Niles suck. Go to a newer Walmart in smaller city or even in the exurbs and the difference is night and day.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 PM

736 posts, read 1,695,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avelira View Post
Again, why is it assumed that the "white" people areas are clean, safe and "****** dorie"? I am not being sacrcastic I am just trying to understand the rhyme and reason behind the "good" and the "bad".
This is true. Some Wal-Marts make you think "white trash" is a separate ethnic group all its own.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,944,003 times
There is one in Glen Ellyn but its about thirty miles west of the city.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 AM

19 posts, read 84,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I've been to so few Wal-Marts in suburban C(r)ook, but my fav location easily has to the one in Hodgkins near the La Grange Rd.(US 12/20/45) and Joliet Rd(old US 66) intersection(and was recently upgraded to a Supercenter). Honorable mention to the Golf/Milwaukee Niles Wal-Mart by Golf Mill Mall. Two bonuses: if you've lucky enough to live near the Pace #330 bus(and this includes if you live as far south as Summit and Chicago's Garfield Ridge neighborhood), and want to go there inbetween Monday and Saturday, you can get a single seat ride without driving right to the Hodgkins location. There's even a Half-Price Books not too far north of here on La Grange Rd!

I've never been a fan of the other Niles location near Village Crossing on Touhy, the biggest reason being the service at that one is extremely bad beyond belief(and that the service problems there are a running joke between me and my friends). I only go to that location as a last resort, if I can't find what I'm looking for at any other Target or Wal-Mart, and/or other stores.

Never been to the location near North and Cicero within Chicago, so I won't comment on that one.
Very helpful, I appreciate it. Thank you to everyone who has helped!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 AM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Both Walmarts in Niles suck. Go to a newer Walmart in smaller city or even in the exurbs and the difference is night and day.
I think you could still agree with me that if you had to go to one in Niles, the one at Golf/Milwaukee is still far better(though not perfect, it's good enough for me) than the one on Touhy. And which I do my best to avoid going to the latter Wallyworld location, unless it's a last resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbing68 View Post
Oh lord do I second that! The WalMart on Touhy is horrid! I go to the Target on Touhy instead. Heck, even if I have to spend more money I don't care because at least the store is not congested, you can get through aisles with a shopping cart and their customer service is top notch.
I've always thought this Target location wasn't too bad, and I like the renovations they've done to this location. And a fun bonus about going there is Costco is next door over in the same shopping center. So you might as well find a friend who's a member, before going there.

Can't remember if Costco does one-day memberships or not anymore, I thought they did at least at one point....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago