Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM

73 posts, read 283,945 times

Advertisements

My boy is in fall break. Since he like football so much, I want to bring him to see one football practice around Chicago area. I wonder anyone knows how to check which team to watch? Both University or high school level are fine for us.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,726,900 times
Lane Tech High School at 2501 W. Addison in Chicago. They have a stadium right there. So I imagine at some point after school (usually after 3:30pm) there will be a football practice. I don't know about other city high schools or Northwestern University.

The suburban high schools have games on Friday nights. Check out www.ihsa.org for the high school football schedule.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM

73 posts, read 283,945 times
chitown85: Thanks.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Well, I can think of 3 possible city parks off the top of my head where I've often seen elementary level and/or high school football practices going on:

Senn Park: at Ridge/Clark, and next to Senn High School. believe this is just used by Senn High School for practices, and I'm not sure if any elementary school level leagues use it for either practice and/or games. I've never seen anyone use the astroturf/fieldturf area for anything other than practice, though.

Winnemac Park: just west of Foster/Damen and on the west side of Amundsen High School. Amundsen often uses the very open and large field for football practice, and I believe I've seen other schools and/or leagues use it for practice as well. Winnemac Stadium adjoins this park to the west on the Leavitt Ave. side of the park, and CPS regularly uses this stadium for high school football games. It also doubles as a running track during daylight hours, and whenever h/s football games aren't going on.

Portage Park: I've often seen elementary school level leagues use a field just south of the main fieldhouse(and in about the very middle of the park) for games, and also practice. There was an elementary school level group using it this past Saturday, when I made a failed attempt(and which ended up not mattering, since I successfully went by his office yesterday) to see my regular optometrist in Portage Park and barely missed his hours, so I chose to walk west through residential blocks just north of Irving, till I hit the park(and since I hadn't had walked through it in forever). Not sure if any CPS high schools(i.e. Schurz, Steinmetz, etc.) use this for practice, but no h/s games are held here(nearest football stadium CPS plays high school football at is Hanson Stadium at Fullerton/Central).

Hope that helps you a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: