Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh, well, if you're taking suggestions, how 'bout you just go away?
Are you a moderator? Are you one of the owners of this site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
You solicited suggestions so I offered one. Why bother asking if I'm a moderator or one of the owners if you're not willing to respect their forum by taking the hint when you got banned?

Quote:
I thought this thread was about neighborhood comparisons between the two cities;not rip on Chicagoans and lick New Yorker's behinds.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
if you're not willing to respect their forum by taking the hint when you got banned?
When did I get banned?

Quote:
Quote:
I take that the answer is yes on one or both counts. You have to love when someone responds to a question with the same question.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
When did I get banned?
November 5th, the first time. And then a number of other times shortly after that.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
November 5th, the first time. And then a number of other times shortly after that.
I don't know what you are talking about. I created this account a week or two ago.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,838 times
This site really needs a popcorn emoticon.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM

955 posts, read 1,831,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
This site really needs a popcorn emoticon.
That would just make me hungry everytime I saw it.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Which may mean they know he's legit and are just blowing smoke and trying to dirty him.
That's what I think. I heard him mention in a short interview that he paid his property taxes and votes in Chicago. And I don't think he would have given up his Illinois drivers license (another argument I've read about) since I understand most politicians in DC ride in limos to get around the town.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
That's what I think. I heard him mention in a short interview that he paid his property taxes and votes in Chicago. And I don't think he would have given up his Illinois drivers license (another argument I've read about) since I understand most politicians in DC ride in limos to get around the town.
What I would like to know is if he renewed his Illinois license at all while living in Washington. If he did, he certainly sealed his own fate. He is guilty of fraud to the State of Illinois since he was not living at his Chicago property.

Anyone want to look into that?

It is FOIA material.

He did have a personal car in Washington that he drove.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:36 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,529 times
Quote:
What I would like to know is if he renewed his Illinois license at all while living in Washington. If he did, he certainly sealed his own fate. He is guilty of fraud to the State of Illinois since he was not living at his Chicago property.

Anyone want to look into that?

It is FOIA material.

He did have a personal car in Washington that he drove.
Can you post some links to those statements? If his DL was good for four years and he was in DC for two and as far as I know most Politicians don't drive out there (I'm sure there are exceptions but he was working for the President), he wouldn't have to take any change of action. If you can prove me wrong, that's okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago