Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:41 AM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times

Advertisements

To the Chicago Police Officer that was murdered last night, R.I.P. fellow Brother.

Last edited by ofcjim40; 11-23-2010 at 04:06 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Crime may be down overall, but there has been a huge surge in gang activity and violent crime on the southwest side the past decade. This article seems to explain why...

Fewer cops on North Side? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State

Nearly 900 911 calls have gone unanswered in the Chicago Lawn district just over the past year because there wasn't a car available. Now Jody wants to solve this by moving cops from the north side to the south and west? WTF!? Just hire more cops! Imagine what the crime stats might be if we had an adequate number of officers across the whole city? And if he's shifting cops out of the north side, guess where we're going to see a new surge in gang activity?

Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
To the Chicago Police Officer that was murdered last night, R.I.P. fellow Brother.
Another on Friday as well as a former suburb/CHA cop.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/11/chicago-police-shot-in-south-chicago.html (broken link)

R.I.P.

It's funny how certain posters in this forum are so quick to defend scumbags losers, but when a cop gets ambushed and killed for no apparent reason these posters say nothing. I and a bunch of others know who they are. They won't be able to slither away forever.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 11-27-2010 at 02:30 AM..

Old 11-27-2010, 02:32 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Just hire more cops!
Flowers in the median of streets have been more important the last few years to the Mayor and his flunkies. Daley is lucky he decided not to run again. He would have gotten a smack down.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Guess what, we are never going to have World Peace, much less Chicago Peace. This is the world that the people that wanted to hold the Police back! This blood is on your hands, all you that wanted to support the scum and slap the Police and those that want to bring order. I blame you! How is this "Utopia" working out for you? Not the left wing dream you expected, huh? No more of my damn Brothers or Sisters are going to die. Now to the public that wants what's right, stand up and let your voice be heard. Yell you are sick of the way society is going. Cut off funding to the social programs that really funnel the money to the gangs. But what am I saying, some of the idiot public have elected people to public office that were gang bangers. Those of you that pay taxes, let your intentions be known you don't want your money funding these society destroying programs and the direction this City is taking. Now the public better stand behind CPD to their attempt to regain order. The Police work in violence everyday. To you armchair quarterbacks that think you can make a gangbanger drop a gun by saying "please", well go to hell. Ride with me for one day to see the real world. I'll be damned if I don't ho home safe to my family. You pull a gun on me, I assure you the only and last warning you will have is the sound of my trigger being pulled. Yeah, I'm sure the "innocent honor roll student" I just shot was "turning his life around". You too can go to hell, that's where you'll find your "innocent child".

Old 11-27-2010, 04:38 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
You pull a gun on me, I assure you the only and last warning you will have is the sound of my trigger being pulled. Yeah, I'm sure the "innocent honor roll student" I just shot was "turning his life around". You too can go to hell, that's where you'll find your "innocent child".
Wow.. I mean, really just wow.

As time progresses, I'm starting to suspect you're not even a cop but just a wannabe behind his computer screen. A real cop might talk this with his buddies but he usually knows better than to talk like this to the general public.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,874 times
My understanding of the beat realignment is that they are not decreasing the number of beats in each district, just the number of officers assigned to each beat. Likely, instead of having two man cars patrol the "quieter" districts, they will be one man cars on each shift. The extra personnel will be reassigned to the higher call districts.

I am not a police officer, so my knowledge is limited into the personnel reallocation. I am just reporting my analysis of what was reported in the news.

From an outsider's perspective, I do not think that call volume and pending radio assignments (meaning no available cars) should be the sole factor in personnel reallocation. The problem is that a lot of police officer activity, street arrests and arrests resulting from traffic stops are not the result of 911 calls.

A large part of the problem that the South Side and a few West Side districts have is that people call 911 for things they shouldn't. I bet a lot of people call 911 for civil disputes like landlord- tenant, or neighbor disputes not involving physical altercation. I bet a lot of people call 911 if they can't get their kids to school, etc. There needs to be a program in place to divert police resources from these types of 911 calls.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to the officer's family from the event that transpired yesterday and the other officers killed on or off duty this past year.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Wow.. I mean, really just wow.

As time progresses, I'm starting to suspect you're not even a cop but just a wannabe behind his computer screen. A real cop might talk this with his buddies but he usually knows better than to talk like this to the general public.
What? Talking reality a little too real for you? I thought as a writer you believe in truth. Did it shock you I didn't give some PC answer? I believe you were the one who stated in a past post that you would defend with action your family, and that included if the other person was a Cop. These last incidents have really hit home for people that are the Police. This should also hit home for law abidding society. So how is this so "shocking" to you that I simply state you pull a gun on me and threaten my life I will put you in the ground? I would hope anyone that has their life threatened would do the same. Or do you believe "I get paid" to get shot at and I should always remain courtious and pleasant to a potential killer? Or do you believe I'm some mind controlled puppet of "the state" and I'm not allowed to have feelings or emotions dealing with a very serious issue? People need to open their eyes and realize we live in a world of violence. Protecting the public and innocent life can't always be done in a neat, clean and PC way. Sometimes blood shed and sacrifice is a part of it. But 90% of people usually don't have to deal in this subject matter. Just like a majority will never understand what our military goes through. It's once you deal with the subject matter first hand and in real life, not what you just see on the news or read, you will then see how opinions can change.

Last edited by ofcjim40; 11-27-2010 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 PM

410 posts, read 634,133 times
Well, we could be St. Louis or Gary

Old 11-27-2010, 08:37 PM

537 posts, read 1,034,844 times
Quote:
You pull a gun on me, I assure you the only and last warning you will have is the sound of my trigger being pulled. Yeah, I'm sure the "innocent honor roll student" I just shot was "turning his life around". You too can go to hell, that's where you'll find your "innocent child".
Shoot first and ask questions later, you have my support! Way too many officers are getting killed. I sure hope they found this latest piece of scum who ambushed the cop. I also hope this scum tries to pull a gun and they blow him away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago