Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times

Advertisements

Juice. Muscle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM

Location: Shaw, St. Louis/West Ridge, Chicago/WuDaoKou, Beijing
292 posts, read 871,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmosBanks View Post
Do you have a name that would make one think that you're black?
I have a very Latino name

Old 11-18-2010, 07:39 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Was Richard Daley II that classy?
No, not really..

Old 11-19-2010, 12:37 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
No, not really..

That's my point. He's a frumpy-looking, corrupt, gangster who lacks any sort of eloquence or class.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:21 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Default I can't help but wonder?

How do you judge someone who is literally allergic to clothing, jewelry and most of tho trappings by which people are unfarily judged? Do you herd them out of your store before they make a purchase?

I developed and perfected a snob-0-meter during the time I spent thousands of dolaars trying to try to get a handle on a very painful skin disease.

I spend an average of $500 every time I'm in a TJ's store.. To them I am a satisfied customer. To me it's chump change spent for a small measure or relief.

There are a lot of snobs in this world. I donot shop where my money is not welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Money. When you walk into a store, I can judge the clothes you are wearing in a nano second. I can tell a person with casual money to spend, from one with alot of money to spend, just by the jeans, the purse, the shoes, and the jewelery, and how the kids are dressed, and the type of stroller you are pushing. Those are things I am assessing, not your race, or level of education....

Old 11-20-2010, 06:23 PM

13 posts, read 50,739 times
a lot of this depends on your age, i am 50 and grew up in 60652 / 60620, ashburn & gresham , what was once a working class area, stay at home mom's, when the ethnic invasion
crossed ashland ave and moved west, neighborhoods that were quiet turned into ghetto's and dangerous places at any hour. who was to blame :

race
culture

let's see - european americans : sub catagory

irish, polish, russians, english, france, swedish, danish, spanish
germans, did not create the ghetto or the crime.

so who is left...???

Last edited by cop39fl; 11-20-2010 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop39fl View Post
a lot of this depends on your age, i am 50 and grew up in 60652 / 60620, ashburn & gresham , what was once a working class area, stay at home mom's, when the ethnic invasion
crossed ashland ave and moved west, neighborhoods that were quiet turned into ghetto's and dangerous places at any hour. who was to blame :

race
culture

let's see - european americans : sub catagory

irish, polish, russians, english, france, swedish, danish, spanish
germans, did not create the ghetto or the crime.

so who is left...???
Ethnic invasion lol. Are you a cop? If so cops like you only make complications for dirty ethnic criminals like myself. Oh how I love the fact that my old man lives in "the most affluent area of the Midwest" and constantly get pulled over in my own neighborhood, got a gun pulled on my little brother and I after accidentally breaking my window with a football got tossed to the ground with a gun shoved in the back of my head after I was thought to be stealing my own car which was apparently too nice for me to be driving. Let's not forget some "bro" I'm wrigleyville starting a fight with me I defend myself and the cop takes me out and arrests me. Yeah. Can't wait til the baby boomers like yourself are all retired and out of positions of power...better yet dead.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperad0stl View Post
Oh how I love the fact that my old man lives in "the most affluent area of the Midwest" and constantly get pulled over in my own neighborhood
Quote:
Can't wait til the baby boomers like yourself are all retired and out of positions of power...better yet dead.
Guess that would include your Dad eh?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Guess that would include your Dad eh?
He's 43 and not from this country

Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
He's 43 and not from this country
What does it matter what country he is from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago