Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:54 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet123 View Post
I know Hopleaf will be open... don't know about the kitchen, but beer is liquid bread.
Just FYI, Hopleaf tends to only have their bar open on Christmas Day, but does NOT serve food. I know, since I went there on Christmas with some friends 2 years ago. All 24/7 neighborhood diners will be open(i.e. Blue Angel, Golden Nugget/Apple/etc., Huck Finn), and many of the other bars that serve food often do similar things like Hopleaf on Christmas Day(which is they do NOT serve food, but will serve just drinks only. Edgewater Lounge at Ashland/Bryn Mawr is another example).

Most bars stay open, or at least have evening only hours where they open at a time anywhere from 5-8pm. The only tricky thing will be finding ones still serving food, and many of them(if not most) don't on Christmas Day. And as for restaurants, I don't think one will have a problem finding at least a limited number that are open, and you will find more than just Chinese restaurants open. Reza's(Persian/Middle Eastern) is definitely open on Christmas, and I wanna say Andie's also is as well(but am slightly unsure about that, just know I saw them open on Thanksgiving this year when I did a walk through Clark St that day, since I live very close to there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 07:40 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
Christmas Day Restaurant Reservations, Restaurant Events for December 25th, 2010

Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 AM

36 posts, read 246,343 times
Thanks so much for all the recommendations! I am especially happy to hear about Buca de Beppo.

I grew up in West Rogers Park, and since this is really the first Christmas I've had since my dad passed away, I think going there would bring back too many memories. Good thought though! Thanks for the Google link Quigboto. I did a search a few days ago and didn't come up with this, so thanks!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayKitten View Post
Thanks so much for all the recommendations! I am especially happy to hear about Buca de Beppo.

I grew up in West Rogers Park, and since this is really the first Christmas I've had since my dad passed away, I think going there would bring back too many memories. Good thought though! Thanks for the Google link Quigboto. I did a search a few days ago and didn't come up with this, so thanks!
Well you know
a rep would be nice
But of course you're welcome.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,581 times
Default Buona Terra Ristorante is open Christmas day

This year Buona Terra Ristorante will be open Christmas Day. See the website for hours. We will have our regular menu and some great specials. [URL="http://www.buona-terra.com"]www.buona-terra.com[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago