Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 PM

72 posts, read 184,183 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I will be coming to Itasca from MA for a job interview and wonder if there is public transportation from O'Hare to Itasca (Peirce Place area?)?

Or would I be better off getting a cab?

Thanks,
Kelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Default Cab is better

The suburban buses do not run regularly as in the city and you will probably freeze. Where the bus stops are, are hard to see. I dont know where Pierce place is but the airports have buses that run from the airport to hotels for free.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
No,there is no train. You are best off taking a cab. The fare from O'Hare should not be that bad as Peirce Place is only a couple of miles west of O'Hare. Be sure to print out a map of its location for the cab driver and yourself. Burbs like Itasca are not on the Chicago grid system and it is difficult at times to find business parks and factories.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 AM

72 posts, read 184,183 times
Thank you both for the answers - now I'm prepared. And good advice to print out a map!

Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
One of the few places so close to O'Hare that you can take surface streets --- O'Hare Airport Chapel to Pierce Pl, Itasca, IL 60143 - Google Maps

Old 01-03-2011, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,161 times
Hey Kelly,

i literally live 5 minutes away from Peirce Place. I live in itasca heh. i'd recommend taking a cab. there are cabs with set prices from itasca to ohare but ohare to itasca might cost differently.

if you want someone to show you around itasca, PM me. not really much of a night life in the suburbs. there are fantastic family owed restaurants in "downtown" itasca as well as the suburb famous tree guys bar. if you want to go out for a nightlife, the suburbs i would suggest would be downtown naperville (its a mini mini mini chicago scene), st charles, and maybe even palatine.

Hope this helps.

Amar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygreene View Post
Hi,
I will be coming to Itasca from MA for a job interview and wonder if there is public transportation from O'Hare to Itasca (Peirce Place area?)?

Or would I be better off getting a cab?

Thanks,
Kelly

Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 AM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,874 times
City cabs will be more expensive because you are going off grid. American Taxi is the suburban taxi service. They are extremely reliable. Google them for the phone number. You can arrange to be picked up at the airport or your hotel and taken to Itasca for a set fare. You can also arrange for the Itasca to O'Hare trip as there are not many cabs in Itasca.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago