Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 PM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Rahm better be open to letting all city employees live outside of the city since he has for almost the last two years.

"Rahm Emanuel and Chico are open to letting police officers live outside the city"

No surprise here.

Mayor hopefuls agree Weis must go -- split residency - Chicago Sun-Times
Lol. One of the main things keeping Chicago "stable" is the fact Cops, Fireman and other City workers have to live in the city. They actually pay their property taxes, etc. unlike some Mayoral hopefuls. If residency was lifted, the house values in Garfield Ridge, Jefferson Oark, Edison Park, etc. would slide right down. Tony, I know exactly the point you are making and I agree with it. It's the famous do as I say not as I do politician mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Wow what a gimmick and even more proof this man is carpetbagger.

"Rahm Emanuel hit the campaign trail with comedian Andy Samberg, who often lampoons the former White House Chief of Staff on Saturday night live."

"Fun Friday" in Race for Chicago Mayor | NBC Chicago

Old 01-22-2011, 08:26 AM

25 posts, read 36,749 times
Quote:
Wow what a gimmick and even more proof this man is carpetbagger.

"Rahm Emanuel hit the campaign trail with comedian Andy Samberg, who often lampoons the former White House Chief of Staff on Saturday night live."

"Fun Friday" in Race for Chicago Mayor | NBC Chicago
If you don't mind me asking, who are you voting for?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Campaign promises can be easily forgotten, especially in Chicago. Few people understand how incredibly weak, on paper, the official duties of the Mayor of Chicago is relation to the City Council. If you are old enoughnto remember how Burke and Vrodlayk played hardball with Harold you might also realize that Rahm (or Gary Chico) can propose any damn thing under the sun and then when the Council tosses it on the ash heap the can say "I tried, sorry" despite the fact that BEHIND THE SCENCES the mayor's guys and gals would have laid out very reason why if the let cops love where they want vast portions of the far flung wards become ghost towns...

Pay no attention to the man at the podium, watch the man behind the desk of the fifth floor. Two very different guys. In Richie's case one is a stammering misspeaking lovable old uncle goof ball, the other is sinister prince that makes mafia capos jealous of his Machevellian ways!

In Rahm's case he has spent enough time listening to Bill Clinton master the art of biting one's lip to evoke the special kind "I feel your pain" empathic response in voters and the slickest TelePrompTer reading a "no red states nor blue states only purple" prose that a Profesor of English and esposed radical could craft... Poor Gary Chico should have watched more Nixon vs JFK TV stuff too,mor maybe spent some time in the gym, as his unhealthy shape is not winning any contests...

Once Rahm shuts the door on the fifth floor the new script will be handed out, along with sweet jobs for the under qualified but well connected.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Poor Gary Chico should have watched more Nixon vs JFK TV stuff too,mor maybe spent some time in the gym, as his unhealthy shape is not winning any contests...
I am not sure what his weight and shape have to do with anything in a town that has embraced and loved people such as the rotund Daley Sr. and Jr.,Oprah,Coach Ditka,Chris Farley,John Belushi, and on and on.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:35 PM

14 posts, read 22,172 times
Rahm will win; I am not sure whether that is a good or bad thing yet.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what his weight and shape have to do with anything in a town that has embraced and loved people such as the rotund Daley Sr. and Jr.,Oprah,Coach Ditka,Chris Farley,John Belushi, and on and on.
How could I forget the great Harold Washington?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM

165 posts, read 372,129 times
Appellate Court Bounces Rahm. Appeals court rules that Rahm Emanuel isn't a resident of Chicago.

Appellate Court Bounces Rahm | NBC Chicago

Old 01-24-2011, 11:54 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis99 View Post
Appellate Court Bounces Rahm. Appeals court rules that Rahm Emanuel isn't a resident of Chicago.

Lol....didn't see that one coming. Now, things get interesting.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM

14 posts, read 22,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis99 View Post

I sincerely hope that Illinois Supreme Court will overturn Appeallate Court decision.

If not, god help us. Look at the list of candidates besides Rahm. As I said in another post, I never thought I would say this, but if Rahm is bounced, Daley, please stay for 1 more year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: