Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:51 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times

Advertisements

Racism sucks but it seems to be everywhere. Having lived in LA and New Orleans, I don't think it's any worse in Chicago. Chicago is a big sports town and people are passionate about the Cubs or Sox or Bulls or Bears, but you'll find that in any large city with professional sports. No city is ideal and I suppose for some, Chicago is the best choice; for others it may NYC or LA. Chicago obviously doesn't have the quality of beaches that Southern California has, or perhaps parts of NY. It's a lake downstream from industy, not an ocean. It's not a beach city. It's a city of big business, ethnic neighborhoods and culture. It is pretty isolated from other large cities and is hours away by car to Detroit, Minneapolis, etc. It's a huge city in a agricultrual state. 4 hours in a car won't get you to any other large city. But having visited many large cities in the midwest, it is one of the most culturally diverse and interesting. Crime and pollution are the price we pay to live in a large metropolitan city. To some of us, its worth it. I've lived in Chicago for over 40 years minus stints in the other 2 I mentioned. In less then 1 year of living in suburban New Orleans, my apartment was robbed. I have never been a victim of crime in Chicago and I've lived in 5 different neighborhoods here. Maybe I've been lucky but I'm not going to let crime make me run to another city. Crime, to a degree, is everywhere.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 AM

186 posts, read 1,118,797 times
............hey come to New York, South Jamaica preferrably, i think that oughta fix you up a little

Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janechild View Post
Well I was born and raised here, living here for over 22 years, and If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city, this town has extreme insidious racism, the suburbs are the worst when it comes to that. All these people care about is their dumb cubs and white sox games. when it comes to anything socially political, you have to depend on the college students to handle that for you. It's a bunch of gays, closet conservatives, soccer moms and dads, ghetto dwellers in the same crowded polluted city.The air quality is rediculously bad. if you wanna live near the beach, don't expect to see beautiful clean water. they have some of the dirtiest body of water in america. If you live anywhere in the city you wont be able to see the skyline. The crime is terrible. I would say chicago is #1 on top 5 worst cities of america. And if you are into alternative culture, they have their little enclave of belmont which looks hideous like a tornado hit through the entire neighborhood. the bums are compeletely off the charts, and don't even get me started on that mobile piece of **** and **** they call the "el" train. Chicago has all the bad qualities in one city, if you want a big city that's lively try some places in new york or cali. CHICAGO IS JUST A CITY IN THE BORING VANILLA MIDWEST THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE BIG.

If you hate the place so much than move. I hated Los Angeles the last few years I lived there. But instead of whining on a message board, I got my ass in gear and moved out of California. Go to NYC where the rats are so big you can ride on them. Every place has things wrong with it. There isn't a perfect place to live. You just take the good along with the bad. So quit whining and get moving.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
This Orig.poster has not been on since he/she posted this flame and fled,thats in early july.Her/his next posts are 'How do I meet a man like John Lennon?'. So,here this ridiculous post is still going strong and the op has long ago left the planet to find John Lennon.Do you really want to keep answering this dim bulb?.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM

413 posts, read 1,368,896 times
Didn't know she left the building. Not worth doing this thread anymore.

She sounds like someone whose three chicken nuggets short of a Happy Meal.

Since she wants a man like John Lennon does that mean she wants to be like Yoko Ono?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiWrites View Post
If you hate the place so much than move. I hated Los Angeles the last few years I lived there. But instead of whining on a message board, I got my ass in gear and moved out of California. Go to NYC where the rats are so big you can ride on them. Every place has things wrong with it. There isn't a perfect place to live. You just take the good along with the bad. So quit whining and get moving.
haha nice comment about the rats but oh yeah the thing is that you can take a ride on the rat while your partner in crime follows behind on a "cockroach coupe" on the highway haha.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM

358 posts, read 1,916,626 times
"If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city"

I wonder what they meant by minority. Did they mean 'non-black'? Because black is the most populous 'race' (US census term) in Chicago. There is no majority in Chicago.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Yeh... an interesting thing to say about a city that is about 30% white..

Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 PM

seriously?....wow...white including latinos?

Old 08-19-2007, 05:59 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadrajabali View Post
seriously?....wow...white including latinos?
Not including Latinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago