Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,436 times

Advertisements

Well I was born and raised here, living here for over 22 years, and If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city, this town has extreme insidious racism, the suburbs are the worst when it comes to that. All these people care about is their dumb cubs and white sox games. when it comes to anything socially political, you have to depend on the college students to handle that for you. It's a bunch of gays, closet conservatives, soccer moms and dads, ghetto dwellers in the same crowded polluted city.The air quality is rediculously bad. if you wanna live near the beach, don't expect to see beautiful clean water. they have some of the dirtiest body of water in america. If you live anywhere in the city you wont be able to see the skyline. The crime is terrible. I would say chicago is #1 on top 5 worst cities of america. And if you are into alternative culture, they have their little enclave of belmont which looks hideous like a tornado hit through the entire neighborhood. the bums are compeletely off the charts, and don't even get me started on that mobile piece of **** and **** they call the "el" train. Chicago has all the bad qualities in one city, if you want a big city that's lively try some places in new york or cali. CHICAGO IS JUST A CITY IN THE BORING VANILLA MIDWEST THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE BIG.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Thank you, and have a nice day.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:56 PM

319 posts, read 493,650 times
Who cares what you have to say?

Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,801,042 times
Ok...why not?....though I shouldn't....lol..

So...NY and L.A. people don't like sports...don't have homosexuals/lesbians, closet conservatives, soccer parents, ghettos, pollution, crime....? Got it.

I must have missed that living there.(nothing against those fine places)

Old 07-16-2007, 02:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janechild View Post
Well I was born and raised here, living here for over 22 years, and If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city, this town has extreme insidious racism, the suburbs are the worst when it comes to that. All these people care about is their dumb cubs and white sox games. when it comes to anything socially political, you have to depend on the college students to handle that for you. It's a bunch of gays, closet conservatives, soccer moms and dads, ghetto dwellers in the same crowded polluted city.The air quality is rediculously bad. if you wanna live near the beach, don't expect to see beautiful clean water. they have some of the dirtiest body of water in america. If you live anywhere in the city you wont be able to see the skyline. The crime is terrible. I would say chicago is #1 on top 5 worst cities of america. And if you are into alternative culture, they have their little enclave of belmont which looks hideous like a tornado hit through the entire neighborhood. the bums are compeletely off the charts, and don't even get me started on that mobile piece of **** and **** they call the "el" train. Chicago has all the bad qualities in one city, if you want a big city that's lively try some places in new york or cali. CHICAGO IS JUST A CITY IN THE BORING VANILLA MIDWEST THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE BIG.
*yawn*

Any more lies?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM

335 posts, read 1,435,527 times
Quote:
as much as i'm looking forward to my next move, i agree with almost 0% of your rant.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:10 PM

100 posts, read 408,021 times
Quote:
Well I was born and raised here, living here for over 22 years, and If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city, this town has extreme insidious racism, the suburbs are the worst when it comes to that. All these people care about is their dumb cubs and white sox games.
Well this statement could quite arguably be the truth

Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
Well this statement could quite arguably be the truth
Everywhere you go in the world will have racists. And if you think being a minority in the city is so horrible, I wonder why most of the city IS minorities. As for the Cubs and Sox, yes theyre loved no doubt, but thats hardly what everyone cares about. Not even close.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 PM

202 posts, read 270,769 times
How I ever managed to live in Chicago city limits without caring about baseball is beyond me.

Janechild, I read from your other posts about how you want to move to the Bay area and meet a John Lennon type, weird artist that you are. I think your rant might possibly just be the talking of somebody who's dissatisfied with where she is, and has not so much to do with the quality of the city itself.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM

358 posts, read 916,351 times
Out of the approximately 2.8 million people who live in Chicago, how many have you met?

I do understand that Chicago may not be the best place for you, but without knowing each of us individually, how can you give such condemning advice for people not to move there? We're all individuals. Some will love Chicago; some will not. Quite simply, life is what you make it. If you look for the negative in Chicago, it will find you. If you change your attitude, most likely, you will see a side of Chicago you never knew existed.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago