Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 PM

23 posts, read 15,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
@MichaelCkg, Irishtom and Tonythetuna know more about the city than you will ever know. My point was not that you were right (because you're not) but that it was pointless to argue about it, and that it would be more productive to have a conversation about the question you came here to ask.
Clearly my argument was moot, as you yourself obviously want to keep up the debate.
Here's my parking advice: Stay east of the United Center.

End transmission.
Ok. thank you for your advices...

but If I am not right, then wikipedia is not right, local city goverment is not right, real estate agents are not right, people who live here are not right

Old 02-17-2011, 09:56 PM

3,491 posts, read 3,110,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCkg View Post
If you want to know the truth (but not what was a hundred years ago) you should come down here and ask people who live here…
The residents (and real estate agents) of West Bucktown, South Logan Square and West Wicker Park would agree wholeheartedly with you.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,308,876 times
Quote:
Ok. thank you for your advices...

but If I am not right, then wikipedia is not right, local city goverment is not right, real estate agents are not right, people who live here are not right
You have been lied to in the past or innocently been mislead by people that did not know any better and so has everyone that lives in your area. Embrace the truth. That is what we offer you.

Near West Side

Repeat it often.

It is possible to be rehabbed and recover.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 02-17-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
According to the city of Chicago's official website, West Loop extends to Ashland. Who are you going to believe, the gubument or some random person on a blog? Not to mention that virtually every business that contains the words west loop extends beyond Halsted.

West Loop | Chicago Neighborhoods | Explore Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
This map is from the tourism website for the city. Tourists don't have the ability to comprehend that the city has over 200 neighborhoods and articulate them all, so the city knocks it down to about half the number on that map.

I have been in a number of cities that did the same thing with their tourists maps.
For pee and giggles read this gem of a thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...chinatown.html

By the way this is the REAL Official Chicago map put out by the city (caution large pdf) :

http://www.cityofchicago.org/content...ods_poster.pdf

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en...wide_maps.html

Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
By the way this is the REAL Official Chicago map put out by the city (caution large pdf) :

City of Chicago :: Chicago Maps
On this official map that you refer to this area is marked as West Loop Gate which is also called just the West Loop.

You remind me of one of my coworkers. He had been living in Chicago already 2 years and then turned out to be on Michigan Avenue by Macy's. And he said “Wow.. what a beautiful place.. I love these stores around”

Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
On this official map that you refer to this area is marked as West Loop Gate which is also called just the West Loop.
Yeah. So what? I agree that West Loop Gate is also called West Loop.

You will notice in that map that West Loop Gate aka West Loop does not go west of 90/94 and Greektown, as I said before.

Quote:
You remind me of one of my coworkers. He had been living in Chicago already 2 years and then turned out to be on Michigan Avenue by Macy's. And he said “Wow.. what a beautiful place.. I love these stores around”
What? I can't comprehend what you are saying.

How long have you been in Chicago?

I guarantee I have been in Chicago way longer than you have.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,945,255 times
[quote=tonythetuna;17930959]

quote]

I'm happy that I'm not the only one.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Yeah. So what? I agree that West Loop Gate is also called West Loop.

You will notice in that map that West Loop Gate aka West Loop does not go west of 90/94 and Greektown, as I said before.
look at this map on the same site:
West Loop | Chicago Neighborhoods | Explore Chicago
it has different boundaries.. and look at the photo, it looks like something like Madison and Racine.

Quote:

How long have you been in Chicago?

I guarantee I have been in Chicago way longer than you have.

I have been here for 4 years but I like Chicago and know something about the city. I am saying that quite often I see people who have been here for a long time and they don't know where West Loop is.. or Michigan Avenue

Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Looks like the map you refer to is old or deprecated...

look at these maps (there are references to them on Explore Chicago | The Official Chicago Tourism Site)
http://communities.pioneerlocal.com/...estLoopMap.pdf
http://www.westloop.org/content/img/...AP_Website.pdf

Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I have been here for 4 years but I like Chicago and know something about the city. I am saying that quite often I see people who have been here for a long time and they don't know where West Loop is.. or Michigan Avenue
Sure you do.

I bet you got taken good on the condo you bought that you thought was in West Loop.

Here is to your continued success at getting robbed.

Last edited by tonythetuna; 02-19-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago