Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 PM

68 posts, read 120,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimeforthekid View Post
This is what i thought i don't know if he wasn't aware what a green card was? if so that kind of amazes me actually. An argument could be that a landlord should like renting to a green card member far more considering if i get into trouble = no more green card = more likely to have no probs.

As far as credit checks when you first came here did you have any trouble? i would imagine it would be neutral but i have heard some say that bad credit is worth than no credit?

James.
Don't worry about any of that. Just go to apartment people and they'll find you an owner desperate enough to rent to you. The market here isn't all that hot. Many owners just want rent. Offer a larger deposit if you need. Get a friend to offer you a "job". Put down a decent income. Also a clean but new credit report is not a bad thing at all. You'll come out just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM

415 posts, read 449,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvt10 View Post

However, you should know that a greencard holder is practically a citizen except you can't be president or hold certain sensitive government jobs.
A naturalized citizen can't be president either or even hold certain government jobs ( high security clearance). They can't vote or hold jobs that require you to be a citizen etc.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:10 AM

40 posts, read 52,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
A naturalized citizen can't be president either or even hold certain government jobs ( high security clearance). They can't vote or hold jobs that require you to be a citizen etc.
The president statement is a bit ridiculous considering you need to be born in the u.s to be eligible to become the president so even when i become a citizen it will make no difference. For the purposes of renting i think having a green card and a social will be fine but we shall see.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:40 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,357 times
Quote:

I doubt this very much but i play online poker for a living does anyone do the same? and could advise me on how to rent how much more i should be willing to give a security deposit e.t.c ill send you money on full tilt or poker stars if you give me good advice just private message me your screen name or put it in your reply. I have never rented in the states before im not a citizen but i have a green card.

Thanks a lot guys
Owned

Online Poker: Top Online Poker Sites Seized by US Government - ktla.com

Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,374,113 times
I wonder if he got his money out before the IRS seized all of it?

If The Kid was for real, he must ****ting brix rght about now!

Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,332,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post

If this guy still moves to Chicago, he might need this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-homeless.html

Old 04-30-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post

Nah i didn't to answer your question i have a lot of money online still... and yes a lot of things have been broken at least when i found out haha.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:42 PM

20 posts, read 16,611 times
Quote:
Nah i didn't to answer your question i have a lot of money online still...

I would cash it out if I were you.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
If this guy still moves to Chicago, he might need this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chica...-homeless.html
Honestly man **** go continue to be jobless troll you have given me **** before and then you said nothing once i posted my graph. I have more money in my backpack right now than you have in your back accounts. Obviously not all my money was on full tilt or poker stars which was where most of the money got seized anyway. I got 6 figures seized and im still perfectly fine so don't think your a smart ass posting a homeless thing. + If you keep up with this stuff the DOJ made a deal recently to get the players funds back so everything is fine.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzystradlin View Post
I would cash it out if I were you.
I cant the doj have seized most of their accounts i will get it back just might take a while. Thankfully im not as dumb as jungleman having like 7 million online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago