Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 9,838 times

Advertisements

so a.) im looking for a car and my budget is 2k ...im a girl so i dont know anything and a student but will be driving a lot..any suggestions?

b.) im also looking for a room for about 400 anyone know anyone thats looking for a room mate

c.) Im a uni student 23,but dont really know many people..im shy... any good ideas where I can meet friendly people n make some friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlwhoneedshelplol View Post
so a.) im looking for a car and my budget is 2k ...im a girl so i dont know anything and a student but will be driving a lot..any suggestions?

b.) im also looking for a room for about 400 anyone know anyone thats looking for a room mate

c.) Im a uni student 23,but dont really know many people..im shy... any good ideas where I can meet friendly people n make some friends?
A.) Where will you be driving to, and where will you be coming from?

B.) Craigslist.org - Chicago - Sublets/Temporary

C.) I'd assume school or work if you do have a job, but if not - try adventuring around the city, trying out different free things to do. If you enjoy live music, going to shows is a good way to meet people as well. There really isn't a surefire way to meet people per say, but it helps when you're out and about.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 PM

91 posts, read 294,090 times
I think CL would be best for your car needs - BUT beware. Run a carfax report & buy from someone who has kept maint records. You dont want to buy it & then have it break down on you. Also - get a Kelly Blue book or check edmunds.com for what cars fall in this pricepoint. It will be a high mileage vehicle, but if you stick to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, the mileage means nothing. Most will drive forever if they have been taken care of. If you dont have faith in humanity - you could try the car lots, but anything legitimately worth $2k would be $4K at the dealership. So if you're ok with ponying up $2K try a new car lease - you can get any of the newer compact Fords & Chevys for about $200 - $250 A MONTH on lease, and if your credit is decent you may not have to give up the entire 2K as a downpayment.

Regarding the housing - there are several roommate sites that can help pair you with a housemate in your price range. CL is also good for this & try your school & neighboring school papers for listings.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
I think the best place to find both of these things will be Craigslist. And I really hope you take the following to heart. The second you stop thinking of yourself through this lens:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlwhoneedshelplol View Post
im a girl so i dont know anything
the much better off you'll be.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:07 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
I have had good luck finding apartments in the Chicago Reader.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago