Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:17 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times

Advertisements

1. Neighborhood you live in

River North, between the Red and Brown Line Chicago stops.

2. Where you're originally from

Born in Idaho, raised in Oregon's wine country.

3. Where you'd live if you could move anywhere else -- neighborhood, suburb or different metro entirely

For Chicago I live more or less exactly where I want to. For places globally, if I had enough money to "do it right," I'd want to live in central Paris.

4. How you found this forum

I think it's because I think I know an acquaintance of the City-Data founder, if I remember correctly.

5. Something random

8987593h2p--cy3g0bh7vs89h7546jk-90dh78devhti2234xjkb0j8756vrhA(bgr4 7yth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM

1,750 posts, read 3,391,668 times
I studied my last semester in College at Cass Business School in London (it was a program through my University), I was there from Jan-Jul 2005; it was a blast. London is a great city, very diverse. The food was not up to par with Chicago or NYC imo, that was the only drawback.
London is expensive as hell, I sublet a 1 bedroom flat with two friends in Kensington.

Anyone on this board who is in College, I highly recomend doing a semester abroad, worry about the debt when you graduate

Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 PM

56 posts, read 169,308 times
1. Neighborhood you live in
Somwhere in Great Suburbia of Chicago...
2. Where you're originally from

I was born in Russia, then my mom and I moved to an obscure former USSR country where we lived before coming here.

3. Where you'd live if you could move anywhere else -- neighborhood, suburb or different metro entirely

I would move to the city(which I am planning to do anyways). I haven't traveled enough to have a list of places to move.

4. How you found this forum

Was searching info on schools

5. Something random

I'm double jointed (palm)

Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Nice!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM

172 posts, read 438,363 times
1. Neighborhood you live in.....Cicero but plan on moving to Oak Park soon

2. Where you're originally from....Roscoe Village/Lakeview

3. Where you'd live if you could move anywhere else -- neighborhood, suburb or different metro entirely....I would love to move back to the city but couldn't afford my old 'hood anymore. If I could move anywhere in the country I would probably pick some place in the Pacific Northwest.

4. How you found this forum....not sure, I think google

5. Something random....I like ketchup on my Hot Dogs *hangs head in shame*

Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinsessa View Post
5. Something random....I like ketchup on my Hot Dogs *hangs head in shame*

Don't worry about; I'm as old fashioned Chicago as you get and grew up on the West Side when it was Irish and Jewish and <I> put ketchup on a hot dog sometimes. Anybody gives you any grief tell 'em I said it was OK.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
I'm posting as a frequent visitor to Chicago...

Born in upstate NY, raised in Burlington, VT, have lived in Boston for about 24 years, and spent one year in Madison, WI; degree in History but have worked in healthcare for the past 27+ years...

Favorite things about Chicago: Second City, the infield seats along the 3rd-base side at Wrigley, the upper deck at the Cell, blue line seats for hockey at the United Center, the Fireplace Inn Restaurant on North Wells Street, the Blue Line, which is very accommodating, and walking near the lake in Evanston..

I'm a guy in his '50s...

Old 04-02-2011, 10:45 AM

121 posts, read 318,574 times
1. Neighborhood you live in: Currently East Cobb, Atlanta, but we're closing on a home in Hyde Park this week. (We're all so excited.)

2. Where you're originally from: I was born in Canada when my parents were on vacation, but I grew up in a mix between Hyde Park and Syracuse, NY (divorced parents).

3. Where you'd live if you could move anywhere else- New Orleans/Baton Rouge. I lived there for a few years and have been yearning to go back for awhile. It's almost as much as a home to me as Chicago. The people, the food, the environment, it's all just amazing.

4. How you found this forum: I was looking up information on Lincoln Park for our move here because that's where my husband was from. I wasn't sure if a more expensive house in LP would be worth it if we didn't have to send all three kids to private school like we're going to in HP.

5. Something random: I'm a South Sider Cubs fan. My grandmother used to date some players on the team, so we always got free tickets and meets with the players as kids.

Oh and I am a female musician in my thirties.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:51 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,255,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On Air View Post
1. Neighborhood you live in: Currently East Cobb, Atlanta, but we're closing on a home in Hyde Park this week. (We're all so excited.)

2. Where you're originally from: I was born in Canada when my parents were on vacation, but I grew up in a mix between Hyde Park and Syracuse, NY (divorced parents).

So does that technically make you a Canadian citizen? Because that would be pretty awesome.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:38 PM

121 posts, read 318,574 times
Quote:
So does that technically make you a Canadian citizen? Because that would be pretty awesome.
Sadly, no. The citizenship laws are a little different, and because neither of my parents were Canadian citizens, I can't get citizenship. I always bragged about it and made up stories about it in school though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago