Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 7,473 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am moving to the South side of Chicago from Atlanta! I need to know the safest neighborhoods to live in for a single girl. I will be working in South Holland and do not want to be too far away from work! If anyone can help I would appreciate it!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,959,835 times
The burb of south holland itself is reasonably safe but why do you want to live in the city? We can direct you better if we know that.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM

994 posts, read 1,820,014 times
There are plenty of good neighborhoods in the south side and plenty of bad ones. I will say this though, none of the neighborhoods are particularly exciting and it is very segregated on the southside.

With that being said, Beverly and Hyde Park are nice areas, however, you will still not be that close to South Holland. Oak Lawn and Chicago Ridge are nice burbs too.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,959,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
There are plenty of good neighborhoods in the south side and plenty of bad ones. I will say this though, none of the neighborhoods are particularly exciting and it is very segregated on the southside.
Yeap that is the problem. We can direct you to safe and on the southside, but it is safer in the burbs and less commute. We can direct you towards so night life, but the southside while not devoid of it isn't exactly the night life hub of the city plus the segeration issuses on top of it. We can direct you to somewhere in between, on the southside with easy access to the northside's night life but we are not sure if that is the reason why you want to come to the city in the first place.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:42 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,116,280 times
Safe is a relative term -- it depends on what you are used to.

There are many properties in South Holland and Dolton which are for sale and/or rent. These include houses, condos and apartments. You should check these out, too, if you can stand living in the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago