Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 PM

55 posts, read 290,362 times

Advertisements

Having just moved to Chicago, I may not be the best authority on the house scene, but it is one of the reasons I moved here. Yes, there are clubs with bottle service and VIP lounge BS. But there are also places that are grittier and harder to find. Once resource for the house music scene I found is 5 Magazine : House Music, Chicago House Music, Artists, DJs, Producers, Singers, Performers, Nightclubs and more : 5chicago.com While it looks like the scene is somewhat segregated, I'm sure there are clubs and parties where all kinds of people get together to dance...

There is also a Psytrance scene in Chicago and The Chilluminati - Chicago-area Psytrance :: Goa Culture Is a good place to start for looking for parties..

See ya on the dance floor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM

86 posts, read 696,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeChicagoan View Post
Where can I read more about the house/electro scene in Chicago? Are there any forums?
Deep House Page

Old 03-26-2009, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,769 times
Default Psytrance, goa, chill out, ambient???

Hey...does anyone now anything about psytrance, goa...around Chicago area? Clubs, parties, meeting or anything about it?
I am new here I havent found anything yet. Oh please help me, all this hip hop, pop, rock, latin music is killing me and my neuronas as well

Old 03-26-2009, 06:53 PM

328 posts, read 1,390,838 times
Default Definitely House Music, but you need to be open-minded

One of my favorite places to go when I want to hear consistent house music that is almost "circuit-party-like" is Hydrate, in Boystown. Yes, it is a gay bar, and yes, on Fridays and Saturdays there are lots of shirtless guys, but they have a lot of great DJs (Ralphi Rosario plays there regularly, also additional DJs are there all the time), and the music is all house, trance, and Circuit/Tribal.

It is definitely not pretenious, and if you are open-minded enough to go to a gay bar, you will be treated to some great music. I love going there when I want to dance for hours to house/club music that is more then just remixes of the new Lady GaGa song.

http://www.hydratechicago.com

3458 N Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60657
(773) 975-9244

Old 03-27-2009, 07:17 AM

569 posts, read 1,812,278 times
The "scene" is watering down due to club hip hop but smaller places like Sonoteque and Smartbar still hold it down. Check out Teri Bristol and Psycho B***h since they embody Chicago's hardhouse spirit, and Ralphi Rosario who happens to be their protege who is resident at Hydrate. Also Vision regularly promotes international top level talent, no other mega club can compare. Zentra promotes local talent regularly on Friday nights.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:46 AM

8,275 posts, read 22,989,113 times
Club Jedynka on the northwest side central and diversey, ethnic polish club, russians go there as well. It's 90/10 make up of right off the boat immigrants and people from the us. Great tekno though, large place and service is wonderful, matter of fact I'm going there tonight.

Jedynka Club (http://www.jedynka.com/index.cfm?lang=eng - broken link)

http://www.chicagoaftermidnight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/blogo1.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-27-2009, 12:23 PM

188 posts, read 602,940 times
^ Thanks for the info on Jedynka, looks like just my kind of place. All GTA4-like, heh.

Love the couple making out in the photo, too. Nice touch.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 PM

37 posts, read 386,439 times
smart bar is great, but my personal favorite is sonotheque.sonotheque

Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,038 times
Hi.... im a local Trance DJ in Chicago. Most of my gigs are however out of state due to trance musik beeing pretty much dead. I do gig sometimes on special events. Nov.28 im opening for Robbie Rivera at House Of Blues if thats something you would like to check out. If u wanna keep in touch where i will be in the future please pass by my website and also get yourself some of my mixes free

[URL="http://www.djbebemusic.com"]www.djbebemusic.com[/URL]

Thanks !!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,136,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummercycle View Post
smart bar is great, but my personal favorite is sonotheque.sonotheque
Sonotheque is closed, or closing soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: