Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM

15 posts, read 37,272 times

Advertisements

I have read numerous threads about people relocating to Chicago from other places and many of you (from Chicago) have poured out your heart and soul into your responses. Just to let you know I have narrowed my search down to two differing neighborhoods: hyde park and wicker park.

But now in my search for an apt. I have noticed that hyde park offers more larger apt buildings with more units and wicker park seems to offer apts. in houses (which I am more use to). But I feel as a new perspective resident of Chicago an apt. in a larger building would be a better place to meet more people (I could be wrong). I have never been to Chicago and it is hard to tell what type of places wicker park and hyde park are in terms of urban feel. For some reason I get "residential feel" from wicker park and "urban, busy town" from hyde park. If that makes sense. Am I right? Any suggestions/opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 07:22 AM

131 posts, read 659,516 times
No, Wicker Park is not an extremely residential area. Wicker Park is a nightlife hub. There are many apartments, yes, but it does not 'feel' residential or family oriented. It does have some beautiful tree lined streets though.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Hyde Park is pretty family-oriented with lots of 20 year old students walking around at 2 am. There are not that many places to meet the locals unless a person is a student at the university or hangs out at the lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: