Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 08:41 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,623,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Old Town is a nice area, but it doesn't resemble what a typical "old town" area looks like in most cities (cobblestone, etc). I would have loved to have seen that.

At least you can always keep the memories.
it was unique for sure. But also that time in society was unique. the Vietnam war brought many people together protesting. Woodstock was unique, it cant be duplicated. they tried to do it again for the next generation but it didn't work. the original hippies were peaceful and there were no bad things happening (unless you consider drug ingestion a crime and the sexual morals too). but the kids nowadays who try to copy it, it aint the same. everything that made up that time came together perfectly to produce what was going on in chicago. I dont think it can ever be duplicated, same as Woodstock back in that time.

so i am trying to say that Old Town, Chicago might not ever be able to come back and be the same as it was. i am thankful for memories and how i got to enjoy it.. guess folks who are older than me also have things they once had and miss. Like how they talk about the radio days and all the programs, once TV came about, it was not the same for them. but i never knew it so i dont miss old tyme radio. wierd, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:28 PM

1 posts
Red face InSanity

I was co-owner of Insanity in Pipers Alley.
And designer of the light show at the Kinetic Playground. Aaron Russo came to InSsnity and loved my two-story Light organ leading to our blacklight poster room whose floors were covered with half-inflated air mattresses. Trippy. Everybody visited from Zappa to Hefner to DeLorean and Donovan. When I closed each night at 1:00 AM, I went to Mother Blues until 3 or 4. Almost every night. Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago