Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 11:55 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Perhaps, but most books aren't worth the trees killed to print them. Tell us the title of your book, and if you won't tell us, STOP REPEATING IT!
I mentioned it twice. This means I've only repeated it once. All caps an explanation point, huh? That's quite a bit of passion about stopping something that I've done a grand total of one time. Is there something else that's bothering you?

Anyway, just from my screen name, it's actually not hard to find out if you really wanted to. I've left quite a bit of trails on the interwebz that were unintentional and a little unfortunate.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 AM

90 posts, read 246,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
RingWalk, believe me I get what you are saying. It seems like people with bad manners and lack of respect for others have become too common. Then somehow the person that shines the light on others acting inappropriate somehow gets accused of "judging". This all boils down to common sense, street smarts and stripping this ridiculous Politically Correct mire we are stuck in. If I see a pit bull with a foaming mouth showing it's teeth am I going to try to pet it? Will I be told it's just a dog, no reason to change direction, and if I do cross the street I have a bias against all dogs?
Quote:
Shame on you RingWalk and Smart. You are being insensitive to the feelings of felons and criminals. How dare you put yourself on a pedestal. Just because they rape, pillage and plunder society doesn't make them any less of God's children (though they violate almost all the 10 Commandments and laws on the books). They have dream of getting high, getting government money and popping out bastard children at an alarming rate. Don't you quash that dream. You are your Brothers keeper, and if he wants your iPhone or iPad then you should let him keep it. Just because you go to work, break no laws, pay all your taxes and bills and don't victimize anyone... Well you are no better than the willfully unemployed, law breaking. LINK/WIC mooching, car repo'ed bum that walks around intimidating people. The gall of you to not recognize how important both segments of society are!

This is one of my favorite posts of all time

Old 08-01-2011, 09:39 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atizstr8 View Post
This is one of my favorite posts of all time
^^^
Yep!

I'm just scratching my head at folks making excuses for this type of behavior that none of us who love cities should accept. It is this subculture making excuses and rolling over for these opportunistic criminals that ensures it won't be under control anytime soon.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Shame on you RingWalk and Smart. You are being insensitive to the feelings of felons and criminals. How dare you put yourself on a pedestal. Just because they rape, pillage and plunder society doesn't make them any less of God's children (though they violate almost all the 10 Commandments and laws on the books). They have dream of getting high, getting government money and popping out bastard children at an alarming rate. Don't you quash that dream. You are your Brothers keeper, and if he wants your iPhone or iPad then you should let him keep it. Just because you go to work, break no laws, pay all your taxes and bills and don't victimize anyone... Well you are no better than the willfully unemployed, law breaking. LINK/WIC mooching, car repo'ed bum that walks around intimidating people. The gall of you to not recognize how important both segments of society are!
Absolutely! The reason why our founding fathers restricted Cruel and Unusual Punishment in the Bill of Rights is because they understood criminals were human beings who deserved to be treated like human beings – not pieces of trash. Saying a person is a worthless piece of trash is a little bit more than being insensitive... And of course, the context of this post is that you didn't like how I objected to human beings being referred to as "human trash".

If LINK and Welfare and SSI was done away with, crime would sky rocket. For one, people who used to be completely law abiding would start stealing money to buy food.. I know the last place I wanna be today on the first of the month is a grocery store. Never again, lol. Lines all the way to the back of the store and almost every single person with a cart packed full of groceries.

It’s only mooching because they’re not being paid enough money to provide for themselves. A part time job working for minimum wage might let you pull in about 600 bucks a month. Rent is about 600 bucks a month at best.

And no, people aren't that one-dimensional. Every person has their own dreams and aspirations that aren't in the rest of the group you choose to categorize them into.. A guy who robs a bank might have aspirations of being an architect or a better son. Human beings aren't ants and a person's humanity is a little bit deeper than thier contribution to the society as a whole.

Last edited by urza216; 08-01-2011 at 04:08 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM

588 posts, read 1,800,232 times
I guess we'll have to do the good ol' agree to disagree because we will never see eye to eye and are both wasting our breath. You believe in a system of Governmental dependence where I do not. Would appear that you believe it is the fault of the system as to why someone does wrong as opposed to putting the fault on the individual. These are ideologies I don't believe in, but that is my opinion. I believe it is the people that make the system, not the other way around. Crime and other bad behavior is the result of a person's free will to act upon these impulses. After all, not everyone that grows up in economic disparity or on public assistance grow up to be criminals or dregs of society, a lot become very productive members of society. Conversely some that are born with the "silver spoon" in the mouth can become some of the most disgusting human beings. And I'm sorry, but once someone decides to prey or victimize on another human being I couldn't care less about their dreams of trying to be an architect or a better son. Actually your humanity it directly related to what you do to society as a whole because society it made up of everyone's humanity.

This I did find funny though, hopefully one day one of my quotes can make it on to one of your vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Wti...e_gdata_player

Last edited by ofcjim40; 08-01-2011 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
The reason why our founding fathers restricted Cruel and Unusual Punishment in the Bill of Rights is because they understood criminals were human beings who deserved to be treated like human beings – not pieces of trash. Saying a person is a worthless piece of trash is a little bit more than being insensitive... And of course, the context of this post is that you didn't like how I objected to human beings being referred to as "human trash".
What does "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" have to do with anything? Referring to another human as "human trash" is NOT cruel and inhuman treatment, IMO. You seem to have taken the phrase too literal.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
What does "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" have to do with anything? Referring to another human as "human trash" is NOT cruel and inhuman treatment, IMO. You seem to have taken the phrase too literal.
If criminals were just worthless pieces of trash then there would be nothing wrong with cruel and unusual punishment. Just because my point went right over your head doesn't mean I am taking any phrase too literal.

EDIT: I just read over what I wrote and I honestly don’t know how I could have made what I was trying to say any more clear in one sentence. I wasn’t saying that calling people “human trash” on an internet forum is cruel and unusual punishment in the justice system. I was saying that if criminals are truly worthless trash then cruel and usual punishment would be okay.

A justice system that treats criminals like worthless pieces of trash = cruel and usual punishment.

Last edited by urza216; 08-01-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:

This I did find funny though, hopefully one day one of my quotes can make it on to one of your vids:
‪Why I Love Youtube... ‬‏ - YouTube
Thanks for watching and I'm glad you found it funny.

Last edited by urza216; 08-01-2011 at 07:11 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 06:49 PM

136 posts, read 255,787 times
it seems to me that white people in chicago only care about violence when it affects them. they don't care that it affects the citys image as a whole, or that they just live CONFINED to the northside with their beloved cubbies and wicker park and such. I hate that people dont care about the WHOLE CITY....just their pockets. take some pride in the fact that chicago is diverse and is pretty much a third black, a third latino, a third white. Dont deny crime, try to solve the issues for the city as a whole. dont start caring when it comes to the GOLD coast or Andersonville.......it matters in tinley park and Blue island too.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
it seems to me that white people in chicago only care about violence when it affects them. they don't care that it affects the citys image as a whole, or that they just live CONFINED to the northside with their beloved cubbies and wicker park and such. I hate that people dont care about the WHOLE CITY....just their pockets. take some pride in the fact that chicago is diverse and is pretty much a third black, a third latino, a third white. Dont deny crime, try to solve the issues for the city as a whole. dont start caring when it comes to the GOLD coast or Andersonville.......it matters in tinley park and Blue island too.

I wouldn't expect a northsider of any race to give a damn about crime in the southwest suburban Tinley Park or Blue Island. I'm okay with that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago