Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:29 PM

12 posts, read 26,668 times

Advertisements

I was wondering the same thing. Wondering if W. Fullerton Ave is safe at night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 12:31 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,165,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlya270 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Wondering if W. Fullerton Ave is safe at night
Fullerton and what?

Old 08-24-2011, 01:28 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Other than the ZOMBIES, it's ok.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:45 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,231 times
If you are going to live in the city, I would say that Wicker Park is one of the safest places to live.

having said that, this summer has been bad for crime, at least over in Lakeview.

But this summer, there has been a lot of prostitution going on north avenue (not a big deal, but you have to watch out for their pimps - they can be aggressive and violent).

Last summer, there was an armed robbery on Milwaukee and Paulina, in Wicker Park, right in front of the jewel, an armed robber attacked three white hipsters, and shot one of them in the leg.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM

427 posts, read 463,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
But this summer, there has been a lot of prostitution going on north avenue (not a big deal, but you have to watch out for their pimps - they can be aggressive and violent).
Hookers have been on North Ave for decades. I don't think they will ever be gotten rid of.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 AM

5 posts, read 11,103 times
Having been on the ground for a month now I think what people said here is right. I very much enjoy the area, but I haven't really been out late partying here. Walking home at 11 or so I haven't had a problem. As it gets later the area around the Damen stop gets more and more wild and smells like stale urine in the morning, but whatever.

I'm glad I picked this neighborhood. It definitely seems like the area down closer to Division on Milwaukee and then closer to Western (and the Damen stop... couple guys got shot at 4AM on a Sunday this past month) have more crime situations going on according to EveryBlock. My area seems to be mostly good though. Walk to get groceries, walk to a great yoga studio, walk to a specialty grocer, walk to a zillion restaurants, walk to a great neighborhood bar... the apartment is great...walk to artist studios on Saturday...easy access to the Loop and school. Can't complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: