Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:42 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
As the previous poster stated,
Frontera Grill/Topolobampo in River North. The reputation speaks for itself. Rick Bayless is world-famous for a reason.

Frontera Grill was recently named the best Mexican restaurant in all of the nation by Rick's fellow chefs across the country. Anyone who loves Mexican food should visit this establishment.
Probably my favorite.

Only complaint with Chicago Mexican food is their lack of taquito's. Anyone familiar with these gems please post your imput. Basically, taquito's kick all other breakfast foods butt. Especially with chorizo, or carne quesada.

Also, this will sound way America, but for some good Americanized Mexican food, go to On The Border. They have one over by Fox Valley Mall near Naperville on 59. It gets rave reviews, even by the Latino population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 9,884 times
Default el gayyo

i think this is the correct spelling the plase it on 63rd and sacremento thier guacomole is the bomb and the steak nacos

Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,419 times
Wow, I'm surprised nobody mentioned Tecalitlan yet. Both of them are great.

El Famous Burrito, too!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

17 posts, read 60,578 times
Default not mexican

Pepe's is not authentic mexican food. Yes they are still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlove01 View Post
Is Pepe's still around? That was my favorite restaurant many years ago. I haven't found anything comparable down here in FL....

Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,136 times
Thumbs up La Cantina in the South Loop is my favorite

La cantina is my favorite because the food is authentic and the place is a lot of fun. their drink specials are awesome, the best are mondays $1 any miller bottle and thursday $3 patron shots, can't beat that, but their regular prices are cheap for downtown, margaritas are like 6 bucks and they're big, and dishes are between $7-15 depending. both the food and the service are great. definately worth checking it out. its a new spot, on michigan ave. near 18th street.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:55 PM

248 posts, read 1,073,469 times
Lat Cantina huh? not too far from here will give it a try this weekend...

Old 12-18-2007, 04:56 PM

248 posts, read 1,073,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viento78 View Post
Pepe's is not authentic mexican food. Yes they are still around.

pepe's is garbage IMO.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM

44 posts, read 198,047 times
Without a doubt, La Condesa on Cermak/Ashland is the absolute greatest. Ive been to Mexico (rural areas) on several occasions with relatives, and this is the closest I have had to anything that tastes authentic (although nothing in the US really comes close). The tortillas are REAL! And handmade! There is NO Tex-Mex here either, which really makes a huge difference. I almost wont eat anywhere else...
Also, for fast food (just tacos and all that), Taconazo is excellent (Cermak/Western).

Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,351,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
Also, this will sound way America, but for some good Americanized Mexican food, go to On The Border. They have one over by Fox Valley Mall near Naperville on 59. It gets rave reviews, even by the Latino population.
Ive been to the one in St. Charles a few times, its pretty decent I suppose.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, inexpensive Mexican place in the East Lakeview area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago