Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,634 times

Advertisements

It's location is the biggest issue, but that's not really a secret to anyone moving there.

You're in almost a little island. The ABLA homes made for reasonably quiet neighbors (considering) but, there's nothing you can really walk to or do in the area. If you work or go to school near UIC or the Medical district, the place would be a home run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
Ibut, there's nothing you can really walk to or do in the area.
Seriously? You have the heart of Pilsen two blocks in one direction with bars, coffee shops, restaurants (which are not all Mexican anymore), grocery store, boutique shops, etc. You have UIC and University Village 3-5 blocks in the other direction. The issue with the location is that you're wedged between two sets of train tracks, which I wouldn't like, but there's plenty to do within easy walking distance.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:32 AM

19 posts, read 137,306 times
Agree, the stuff to do isnt the best that the city has to offer, but its far from having nothing to offer, i still believe the area has a long way to go, and thats the reason why i bought the place here... the whole neighborhood still has a long way to go. (however if you bought it at the height of the bubble, than its totally understandable to 'strategically default;

with that in mind, the freeways are so close, its the best location if you hate driving in the northside and taking 30 minutes just to get to the freeway. (traffic) if you work in downtown, its a quick bus ride into the city... i have no complaints... it depends on your goals.. only thing that sucks is the train next to the building, which surprisingly isnt that bad... (not great either, but definitely get used to it)

as for cable offerings, since the building has some exclusive contract with MDU Communications, I cannot get Comcast or RCN. I am looking into the legality of exclusivity contracts, as FCC has in 2007 supposedly made it illegal... (was wondering if anyone has any idea about this) (GOD I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE RCN, RCN has the best offerings of internet money can buy)

Last edited by pookeye; 10-10-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: