Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM

65 posts, read 215,529 times

Advertisements

this is a neighbor who's been harassing me couple times since couple weeks ago. 1st time she yelled at me that I did not lock the basement, which I did forget, and I told her she didn't need to be rude, she can just tell me and I will lock it. Then she went to the board meeting complaining that I have left the door open for 2-3 years, which is untrue because I've only started using that door since march of this year to take the baby's stroller out. the logic proved that she was lying infront of the board and I guess that made her more mad. Last friday when we came back from our walk, she was right at the basement door waiting for me, and she called me a liar, and that if I kick her dog again (WTH?!) or she would call the police. I have never ever done anything to her dog, even she has repeatedly violate the leash law, letting her dog roam around free in the hallway. and now she's threating to call the police on me for something completely made up?

Now what should I do? should I call the police? or will that make matter worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Feed her dog cyanide wrapped in ground beef.

On second thought, don't do that.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:03 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times
My neighbor next door was a nut case also, she called the police on me for parking in front of my own house. She complained that I parked to close to her vehicle, and that it prevented her from driving off safely. I was parked behind her and there had to be at least a entire cars length of room in front of her to pull out. She decided to confront me one day when I arrived home from work. She began talking, which later turned to yelling. Then out of the blue she says, "I'm not scared cause you got a gun"! Can you say psycho?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Tell her to go right ahead and call the police with you standing right there. Sometimes people like to play crazy and you got to give it right back to them. Nip it in the bud now.

Oh and don't call 311. This isn't the type of issue you call them for

Old 07-25-2011, 12:23 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,053,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Tell her to go right ahead and call the police with you standing right there. Sometimes people like to play crazy and you got to give it right back to them. Nip it in the bud now.

Or better yet, why doesn't the op call the police. While your at it, maybe video tape i then call the police. Call her bluff. She'll get the picture.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:37 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
Or better yet, why doesn't the op call the police. While your at it, maybe video tape i then call the police. Call her bluff. She'll get the picture.
Make her call for Jesus, while you one-inch punch her like Bruce Lee!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 PM

65 posts, read 215,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post

so do I call 911? I'm honestly scared, I probably should have mensioned that I actually have dog-phobia, because I was chased by a big dog when I was young. and I'm scared that next time she may use this as proof that I would kick her dog. and I'm also afraid that she would release her dog at me since she knows I'm afraid of dogs.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:50 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Call 3-1-1, if anything, not 9-1-1.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickaboo View Post
so do I call 911? I'm honestly scared, I probably should have mensioned that I actually have dog-phobia, because I was chased by a big dog when I was young. and I'm scared that next time she may use this as proof that I would kick her dog. and I'm also afraid that she would release her dog at me since she knows I'm afraid of dogs.
I would just straight up confront her but since you are indeed afraid then you may want to call 911. I really don't know what they would do to her since she technically hasn't really done anything besides yell and lie on you once. Maybe someone else knows?

Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,646 times
Personally, I would eat my pride and do everything possible to diffuse the situation. Up to and including apologizing to her for leaving the door open (without mentioning how many times or when you did or didn't leave it open).
Involving the authorities is not something I would do. I would not like the idea of someone possibly pressing charges for "whatever" in retaliation for the call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago