Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 4,709 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I just moved to Chicago a few weeks ago and I would really like to do some rock climbing around this area - indoor or outdoor.

I found "Climb On", a in indoor rock climbing gym in Homewood, Illinois, about an hour 40 minutes from Chicago. Does anyone have experience with that gym?

I am actually looking for company, as I do not know anybody here that likes to climb. I've got some years of experience, but haven't been climbing for a while.
So maybe anyone knows a goods spot or maybe I can join anyone of you for a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 08:03 AM

6 posts, read 13,669 times
There's a really nice wall in the Joliet area at a Lifetime Fitness - google it to find which one, and also another a bit south in Bloomington called Upper Limits. Upper Limits is an old farm converted to an absolutely amazing facility. You should check out both, you'll thank me later for sure as I've spent a lot of time at both of those and I live nowhere near them. Totally worth the trip every time.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,709 times
Hi Rocket, thanks for the info. Upper Limits looks great. Unfortunately both are pretty far, but it would be just perfect for a day trip on the weekends.
If I can ever join you guys let me know, I don't want to climb alone ;-)

Old 06-17-2012, 02:16 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,501,959 times
Thread necro:

Walked by this place this weekend. It really is hidden:

Hidden Peak Climbing Gym - Lakeshore Academy of Artistic Gymnastics - Chicago, IL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago