Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM

10 posts, read 210,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
Did the vid show what you were hoping?
Yes it did. The other driver ran a red light and hit me. If it were not for the video it would of just been my word versus theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 PM

622 posts, read 1,196,386 times
Nice. Way get it done.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,877,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwchi View Post
Just got the video today. I requested through the Freedom of Information Act the video via email late night Friday November 4 and the video arrived on a CD today November 15. The turn around time was not bad. Thanks for all the help people.
Now THAT is really great news.

My faith in America is (at least temporarily) restored - try pulling that off anywhere else on the planet!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:48 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwchi View Post
Just got the video today. I requested through the Freedom of Information Act the video via email late night Friday November 4 and the video arrived on a CD today November 15. The turn around time was not bad. Thanks for all the help people.
Awesome. It's surprising how many people don't know about FOIA. It can really help when you're in need of certain documents.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM

10 posts, read 210,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
Awesome. It's surprising how many people don't know about FOIA. It can really help when you're in need of certain documents.
One thing I did find strange about the process was when they contacted me wanting to know my car info. She implied that if my car was not directly involved in the accident it would of been more hoops to jump through.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,112 times
Hello everyone. I'm in the exact same situation, except that I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Can I possibly get a copy of the accident seen from FOIA? I'd really appreciate if somebody can help me, I can't see my kids because of this accident. Thank you

Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane johnni View Post
Hello everyone. I'm in the exact same situation, except that I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Can I possibly get a copy of the accident seen from FOIA? I'd really appreciate if somebody can help me, I can't see my kids because of this accident. Thank you
FOIA is only for records the federal government has. Arizona may have a similar law for state/municipal records. You'll need to contact someone in your local jurisdiction about the availability of said footage and procedures for obtaining it. This being the Chicago forum, there probably won't be anyone here who can help you. Maybe someone can help you out in the Arizona or one of the sub-forums (Phoenix, Prescott, Tuscon, Flagstaff-Sedona) if it happened near one of those areas.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,930 times
This is great news I was in the same exact situation this Saturday on my way to the University of Chicago. When someone blew a red light and T-boned my car. There wasn't a red light camera but there is camera above the traffic light post. Any chance to can get a video of that? The cops gave me the citation for running a red light when my light was clearly yellow when I got hit.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,930 times
Who do I send the form to? To retrieve the footage?

Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
I doubt the camera has any recorded footage; those cameras are only there to determine whether and how long to activate left turn signals and/or determine which direction should be green/red and when. In the off-chance I'm off the mark and there is recoverable recorded footage, you can submit your request to the city's Department of Transportation at CDOTfoia@cityofchicago.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: