Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 04:07 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,671,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
I believe that everyone should take responsibility for educating themselves. Yet people refuse to simply head to a very free library and research any information pertaining to their history, culture, ethnicity, psychological problems, finances, etc!! They refuse to uplift themselves from their current state but instead spend their resources on trash that on drives them further into society's hell hole. No I have no sympathy. In 2012 with the internet, libraries, book stores....information is almost too easy to access. In the 50's and 60's it was different. I have no sympathy anymore. If you choose to remain brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured that is your own fault! You choose to ignore the library and instead go over Ray Ray's house smoke weed and make babies...thats your own fault. Not elitist at all just brutally honest!
Here we have someone who lives under the notion that his bodily fluids and waste matter don't stink or smell...

And here I am, asking the burning question---exactly who the sam-damn-hill are you, and who appointed you as judge and jury over our OP (NyAnna)? You've never met the young lady, either here or offline, before now, and yet, based on her answers, you automatically assume she's Honey G. Hoodrat? I don't give a roasted rat's a** how many videos you post, or how much alleged knowledge you drop, or how far your nose is bent out of joint from chasing all those 'European non-black women'...I'm sorry, but none of that s**t qualifies you to call another individual 'brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured'...

Unless, that is, unless you are the risen Jesus, and you have some sort of all-seeing eye which allows you to see when someone is 'on their way to Ray-Ray's house to smoke weed and make babies'---yeah, didn't think so, just more judgmental lip-flapping...

No, you're one of those who chooses to spout off a lot of negative yamma-yamma, and pigeonhole black folk (which I happen to be, and proud, thank you very much) with some talking out of your poopchute stereotypes...you may not think much of us, but there are black folk out here EVERY DAY, doing what's right, raising kids right, and doing positive uplifting things in their communities...but no, your eyes go right to 'Ray-Ray and Pookie hold up the liquor store' or 'Honey Hoodrat has world record 14th child by 14th father' in the paper, or on TV, and here you come with 'I told you so! They're all a bunch of lawless baboons...except me, in all my magnificence!'

So, until you show proof that you are superior to anyone in this world besides your own reflection in the mirror (which I know you can't---videos and mouth-running don't count), I would strongly suggest you find a nice dark place where you can store your 'tough love', and quit disrespecting a young woman whose only crime was to dare to draw breath and disagree with you...

And, y'know what? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't utter any of this baloney in the real world, because at least online, you can smart-mouth and ostensibly get away with it, but offline---well, let's just end by saying you wouldn't like the results...trust me on that

Old 01-01-2012, 04:08 PM

207 posts, read 504,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
This thread really took off

True, but lets be honest most of the Black populations in Latin America have a HIGH degree of admixture. your average Afro Brazillian probably looks like this

Lucy Ramos « Abagond

At any rate It's your preference. I think alot of times black women/girls find ways to talk negatively when a black man (esp. a dark skinned one at that) is in a relationship with a light skinned,mixed, or latina lady. If it's a white lady then all hell breaks loose. Not all black ladies do this but a noticeable amount. Can't someone just date anybody they want? Funny, because it's the same ladies who talk about about Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian (I know they're not together) but jump for joy when they see Robin Thicke and his wife. It's like a double standard

On the flipside I know quite a few black guys, including many friends, family, and aquaintences have openly said that they only prefer light skinned, and Latina women. Never met anyone who said they only date white girls tho. I can see how it's discouraging toward darker skinned black women. Not to mention all the crap in the media. Everybody has a preferance whether we would like to believe it or not, but when someone openly BASHES dark skinned black women that's when it becomes ignorant. I've seen it happen in real life and on youtube. So I can see why alot of darkskin females feel a certain way.

I will say that IMHO black people (men and women) in Chicago area generally arent really as color struck as other places esp. on the West Coast and parts of The South but you will get some ignorant people here and there.

mas23
Her original claim was....."I dont like black women"....and with that statement she set off a forest sire she couldnt contain. In her own ignorance she counted out every African descent woman on the planet. I had to show her the beauty, depth, and greatness of Africa!! In her own limited awareness, African Americans are the only representation....no no no sweety! African Americans are not even a speck on the Africa radar. We are only 13% of the population in America....and Africa is 2 times bigger than America and then we must add the African population of South America and the islands. And when I brought it to light, she tried to narrow it down to I dont like West African women....when in fact most Africans outside of Africa originated from West Africa! SMH

Old 01-01-2012, 04:08 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,274,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
That's a new one. Man, my perspective on shades within the African American community must be outdated. I'm not sure which shades are the starting point for light and dark-skin anymore.

My sentiments also. You ought to check out the previews for the dark girl documentary. A couple of them giving their stories on how no black man wanted them were obviously fat. One of them looked like a man wearing hoola-hooped earrings.

The overweight part is a huge issue for me. I didn't want to believe the statistics that say 78% of African-American women are overweight, but as I look around I can see how that may be true. Chicago area is home to a significant supply of out of shaped women across the board with Asian women being the exception, but black women take the cake.
My sister showed that preview a few days ago. Yeah that lady with the hoop earings sure did looked like a man. lmao! When it comes to beauty its not really about skin tone but other assests, weight being number 1. Like Royce from "Basketball wives" is gorgeous so is Kelly Rowland.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:10 PM

139 posts, read 169,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
That's a new one. Man, my perspective on shades within the African American community must be outdated. I'm not sure which shades are the starting point for light and dark-skin anymore.

My sentiments also. You ought to check out the previews for the dark girl documentary. A couple of them giving their stories on how no black man wanted them were obviously fat. One of them looked like a man wearing hoola-hooped earrings.

The overweight part is a huge issue for me. I didn't want to believe the statistics that say 78% of African-American women are overweight, but as I look around I can see how that may be true. Chicago area is home to a significant supply of out of shaped women across the board with Asian women being the exception, but black women take the cake.
I won't argue that there's not a plethora of obese black women in the U.S. Much of this is due to relying on fast food, instead of cooking and not exercising.

My mom taught me the importance of eating healthy foods, so I've never had any weight issues. I've been a size 2 for much of my life.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM

139 posts, read 169,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
This thread really took off

True, but lets be honest most of the Black populations in Latin America have a HIGH degree of admixture. your average Afro Brazillian probably looks like this

Lucy Ramos « Abagond

At any rate It's your preference. I think alot of times black women/girls find ways to talk negatively when a black man (esp. a dark skinned one at that) is in a relationship with a light skinned,mixed, or latina lady. If it's a white lady then all hell breaks loose. Not all black ladies do this but a noticeable amount. Can't someone just date anybody they want without the BS that comes with it? Funny, because it's the same ladies who talk about about Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian (I know they're not together) but jump for joy when they see Robin Thicke and his wife. It's like a double standard

On the flipside I know quite a few black guys, including many friends, family, and aquaintences have openly said that they only prefer light skinned, and Latina women. Never met anyone who said they only date white girls tho. I can see how it's discouraging toward darker skinned black women. Not to mention all the crap in the media. Everybody has a preferance whether we would like to believe it or not, but when someone openly BASHES dark skinned black women that's when it becomes ignorant. I've seen it happen in real life and on youtube. So I can see why alot of darkskin females feel a certain way.

I will say that IMHO black people (men and women) in Chicago area generally arent really as color struck as other places esp. on the West Coast and parts of The South but you will get some ignorant people here and there.

mas23
Your honesty is quite refreshing.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:21 PM

121 posts, read 215,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You are nothing but a racist white man trapped in a Black man's body. You sound like those old, racist bigots from the south. Just parroting everything the White man says about you.
Is this person even black? Based on his posts I'd say "no" (if he is, however, that is rather unfortunate) and ignore him.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Im gonna end my tirade with this: African American women are the biggest hippocrites this side of the Earth!!LMAO! They always complain about wrong doings, BUT ONLY WHEN IT EFFECTS THEM!!!

They are angry at the world because African American men prefer to glorify lighter skinned women for whatever reason......but yet.....African American women will take ANY opportunity possible to place a dark skinned Tyson Beckford, DMX, or Michael Jordan type over a lighter complexion black male and with no shame will say something like "I only date chocolate brothers" or some craziness similar to that. Or "ughh he too light fo me, I like a chocolate man"...this type of rhetoric which started in the 90's until the mid 2000's was EXTREMELY COMMON! Almost to a point that they were degrading light skinned guys calling them ****, punks, anything to demean them in the light of darker guys. It has somewhat went back to lighter guys being the choice of the newer generation with Drake, Chris Brown, Tyga etc. in the limelight....BUT...yea I think they need to look in the mirror at themselves. And the whole thing is laughable at how picky they are when in fact with their attitudes toward no dating outside of African American men, they need to be embracing as many as they possibly can, light or dark. With 70% non-marriage rate there is no room for being picky! and how could I forget how they decreased their chances of marriage even more, because not only does he have to be dark skinned he has to be a thug type. LMAO!! This is that percentage I was referring to earlier, this is the fu#kery that they created! They made their own beds over the last 20-25 years and now they have to lay in it....while African American men have now almost at 100% embraced women of other races, ethnicities, and cultures.....its not lookin good.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Is this person even black? Based on his posts I'd say "no" (if he is, however, that is rather unfortunate) and ignore him.
No Im not black....Im African American. Please refer to my other posts.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Who are you, to instruct others to ignore me? Especially when I have told nothing but truth! Im done anyway, so here you can your little spotlight back!

Old 01-01-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Here we have someone who lives under the notion that his bodily fluids and waste matter don't stink or smell...

And here I am, asking the burning question---exactly who the sam-damn-hill are you, and who appointed you as judge and jury over our OP (NyAnna)? You've never met the young lady, either here or offline, before now, and yet, based on her answers, you automatically assume she's Honey G. Hoodrat? I don't give a roasted rat's a** how many videos you post, or how much alleged knowledge you drop, or how far your nose is bent out of joint from chasing all those 'European non-black women'...I'm sorry, but none of that s**t qualifies you to call another individual 'brainwashed, uncivilized, and uncultured'...

Unless, that is, unless you are the risen Jesus, and you have some sort of all-seeing eye which allows you to see when someone is 'on their way to Ray-Ray's house to smoke weed and make babies'---yeah, didn't think so, just more judgmental lip-flapping...

No, you're one of those who chooses to spout off a lot of negative yamma-yamma, and pigeonhole black folk (which I happen to be, and proud, thank you very much) with some talking out of your poopchute stereotypes...you may not think much of us, but there are black folk out here EVERY DAY, doing what's right, raising kids right, and doing positive uplifting things in their communities...but no, your eyes go right to 'Ray-Ray and Pookie hold up the liquor store' or 'Honey Hoodrat has world record 14th child by 14th father' in the paper, or on TV, and here you come with 'I told you so! They're all a bunch of lawless baboons...except me, in all my magnificence!'

So, until you show proof that you are superior to anyone in this world besides your own reflection in the mirror (which I know you can't---videos and mouth-running don't count), I would strongly suggest you find a nice dark place where you can store your 'tough love', and quit disrespecting a young woman whose only crime was to dare to draw breath and disagree with you...

And, y'know what? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't utter any of this baloney in the real world, because at least online, you can smart-mouth and ostensibly get away with it, but offline---well, let's just end by saying you wouldn't like the results...trust me on that
I am open to your criticism....please place in quotations anything that I said that you disagree on. We can discuss it. Its no big deal. What did I say that is either false or inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago