Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 AM

499 posts, read 580,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Many of them are picking a Hillary Clinton over a Lauren London and a Megan Goode though. How often have we seen the black guy with the very overweight and out of shape White woman? He could have at least gotten an average looking Black women in decent shape.

Growing up in the black community, I've heard many black guys put-down black girls in favor of mixed/white girls that they see in the media or in thier environment. So, I'll never believe that black men are dating latina, and white women for the reasons you state because I've heard quite the contrary all my life from black men themselves.

Last year I was in a neighborhood store, and a black male was standing in line with his very lightskin African American girlfriend; he saw me get in line next to him and he loudly said, "can't no FULL black woman grow hair this long and have green eyes like my woman. See, she has green eyes, I don't know no darkskin Black woman with eyes this color". Very insulting and he said that only because he saw me. I immediately bought my things and rushed out the store. and it traumatized me for a very long time. Sometimes, when black men date lighter or white women, they like to inflict pain onto darker skin women who don't have those features.
I think that was an awful experience for you but why would he do that? You were obviously a complete stranger to him. I assumed from a previous post that you had long straight hair, you posted a picture that you said was very like you. The woman in the picture was very attractive.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 AM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
There have been many shows on national television featuring attractive and successful black women who had a tough time dating other successful Black men (because many choose to date IR), the women were not ugly, and were in good shape yet they still experienced the same obstacles that every other woman faced.
You mean like this one with the over-the-hill, washed up lawyer chick? Or the overweight, old and washed up chick who demanded a stature of 6'5 or taller? Hmm...I can't figure out why a woman would be single if one of her standards is that a man be 6'5 inches tall. Scientists (and Steve Harvey) remain puzzled.

ABC Nightline - 42% of Black Women Are Unmarried - YouTube

Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Quote:
I don't think you're being truthful at all.

If its just about a woman being hot, then why don't many successful black men equally date & marry darkskin Black models? There are MANY of them in the industry yet they still overlook them for mixed, latina and white women.

I'd also like to add that alot of black men have already told us the reasons why they date outside their race anyway behind closed doors--because they think non-Black women have better hair than Black women, and they think their features and skin are more attractive. They also prefer mixed race children and think they will have a better and easier life. I've had black guys tell me that White women's hair look better than a black woman's natural kinky hair to my face. I've heard some pretty harsh stuff coming from black guys growing up in the black community so I know many of the real reasons why they are dating out.
I'm just not going to buy most do it just because "she's hot". Its foolish to believe that
Maybe a lot of these successful black men don't find many dark skin American black women to be hot, or there aren't enough dark skin black women, let alone models, for the match up to be equal. One poster said Jay-Z was light skin. Though I never seen him as dark skin, more like a middle complexion, but light skin? So if that is the case, less than 50-40% of African Americans are ''dark skin'', which makes it impossible for it to be equal.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You mean like this one with the over-the-hill, washed up lawyer chick? Or the overweight, old and washed up chick who demanded a stature of 6'5 or taller? Hmm...I can't figure out why a woman would be single if one of her standards is that a man be 6'5 inches tall. Scientists (and Steve Harvey) remain puzzled.

ABC Nightline - 42% of Black Women Are Unmarried - YouTube
Those women are washed up to you? And they are average weight, I wouldn't call any of them fat. You are so harsh on black women

Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I think that was an awful experience for you but why would he do that? You were obviously a complete stranger to him. I assumed from a previous post that you had long straight hair, you posted a picture that you said was very like you. The woman in the picture was very attractive.
You have some black men who like to inflict pain onto black women by making them feel bad about themselves. Obviously he felt that any woman who is darkskin cannot grow long hair and any long hair she has is a weave/wig. He was trying to say that his girlfriend's hair was naturally long, and she doesn't need a weave. I have a friend who wears her hair natural, and has gotten rude comments from strangers (black men) on the street.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Those women are washed up to you?
Yep. A woman in her mid 30s is beyond her physical prime and will have to settle for less attractive men.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 AM

140 posts, read 120,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
Well, why aren't Caucasian men marrying women like that? I mean in droves, not one here or one there??? I am really trying to understand.
Caucasian men have no reason to marry black women in droves, because they have white women. Most people prefer to marry others that look like them. This is true for all races.

But to address your original question, Kim Kardashian's volumptious look is not really appealing to most non urbanized white guys, because most of them have been conditioned to prefer thinner women. A woman like Naomi Campbell would be more appealing due to her thinner frame. Oprah talks about her 'perfectly proportioned thin body.'

Naomi Campbell and her billionaire Russian boyfriend on Oprah:

Naomi Campbell Interview(2010) - YouTube

Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Maybe a lot of these successful black men don't find many dark skin American black women to be hot, or there aren't enough dark skin black women, let alone models, for the match up to be equal. One poster said Jay-Z was light skin. Though I never seen him as dark skin, more like a middle complexion, but light skin? So if that is the case, less than 50-40% of African Americans are ''dark skin'', which makes it impossible for it to be equal.

there are TONS of darkskin Black models.

but if many black men don't find darkskin Black American women to be hot, then what should we do...just rot and die alone? you think that's fair

Jay Z has a darkskin mother, if it weren't for her a lot of these black men would not even exist.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
She does look very bland and unappealing, but seriously most black guys want whatever white guys have, yet they call us insecure. That guy bajan had the nerve to post westernized studies to try to assert his point. He's so brainwashed to believe that he just woke up being sexually attracted to white women. Unless he's a white or biracial man, I'm just not buying that crap.

If the media wanted to, they could make most westernized men prefer dark women with natural hair over blondes. As strange as it may sound, all that they would need to do is feature these women in most movies, print-ads, magazines and create articles which listed very positive aspects about being in relationships with dark women. Imagine if a man walked into a store and every woman on the cover of the magazine was a dark black woman. Imagine if all of the movies featured dark women in leading and appealing roles. Imagine if almost every article featured about dark woman was positive. Now at the same time, imagine if every image of white blonds was negative. Trust that you could change a person's perceptions very quickly by altering images.

What would also occur is, various women that didn't have the features of dark women with natural hair, would try their hardest to copy the look, so they too could be viewed as appealing.

Most black people go to the theatre looking to get entertained, but they don't realize that everything in advertisements and in movies are meant to influence you on a subconscious level. For example, take a look at the trailer for the movie, jumping the broom. You will notice that the movie features an attractive biracial woman (Paula Patton) as the lead. This was no mistake, it could have featured the equally attractive darker woman (Meagan good). Instead she is casted as her over demanding friend, who just expects too much from men and doesn't know how to just be nice and non bitchy. Paula tells Meagan to just settle and relax her standards, but notice that Paula, in the movie did not settle LOL. This chick went out and got a successful high earning man. The viewing audience will accept the subliminal message that Paula deserved to get a high earning man that can support a family and provide a nice lifestyle, while Megan doesn't deserve anything because she's just a trifling gold digger. LOL

They will subconsciously accept that lighter women are kind and pleasant and deserve to be taken care of, while darker woman are loud and only after a man's money.

I didn't watch the movie because I'd never support such crap, but the trailer speaks volumes. At the very minimum, ask yourself why wasn't Megan Good, Gabrielle Union or Keri Washington casted into the leading role. I'm sure they auditioned for the part, since there's a scarcity of roles for black actresses in hollywood. I recall seeing one clip with Nia Long stating that the same black actresses compete for the same limited roles.

Do you really think it was by mistake that biracial Paula Patton got the role?
No, it's all apart of social conditioning. It upholds the belief that the Paula Patton types deserve the world, while the opposite is true for darker women.
Black folks digest this crap on a daily basis. Then sit back and say, I just prefer light skinned and white women.
I think when high profile black athletes and celebrities pick white women; such lends to the attraction of white women and makes white women “trendy”. Michael Jordan made Nike popular, but he could have made any brand popular by associating his celebrity to it. Jordan also popularized the bald head look. Celebrities have the ability to set trends by their choices and many black celebrities choosing white women makes white women more trendy and a sign of status, as athletes and have the ability to choose the best, neighborhoods, homes, cars, clothes….and women. Thus, the more they choose white women the more white women become a status symbol of success.

I have noticed that Hollywood is showing a lot more interracial relationships in its TV shows. It is also showing a lot more gay relationships in its shows. Even if these shows are an actual reflection of the fact that interracial and same sex relationships exists, it encourages such relationships through the power of suggestion and acceptance (it becomes more acceptable the more one sees it). Whatever appears on TV becomes advertisement for such choices or behaviors.

I don’t think that there is any race of women that I could not find happiness with or an attraction to, as a man. However, I do find that I am more attracted to black women, as a general rule. I like light and dark skinned black but my attraction leans more to the darker tone. Lighted skinned women who have thicker lips and broader noses I find more attractive than light skinned women with the opposite. However, again, as a man I find women in general are satisfying to me as I love women.

I am a very conscious African American man. When I look at the world I still see a world with egregious racial inequality. If one looks at the state of black people in this world, it’s depressing. I have managed to earn a college degree and hold down a pretty good job and income. I want to share that with a black woman. That’s just me.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:24 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
It might be true on the East Coast but I don't think it is true so much in the Midwest. Both coasts have an entirely different lifestyle, from tip to tale, than the Midwest. I think some of it is a bit unrealistic. For instance My SIL paid $40k in LA for a 1.5 carat diamond ring. It wasn't special; It was Beverly Hills. He could have done the same in the Midwest for a lot less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yep. A woman in her mid 30s is beyond her physical prime and will have to settle for less attractive men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago