Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 PM

13 posts, read 98,215 times

Advertisements

A quick follow-up question to my last response- When is usually a good time to get out at a club like Sub 51 or Underground before the crowd arrives- 10, 11?? It looks like Underground is an after hours club that stays open later (but I could be wrong about that). I just thought it might be easier to get in early as opposed to sitting in line for awhile and not knowing for sure. Thanks again guys- it's great hearing from people that have been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,061,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop_a_holic View Post
A quick follow-up question to my last response- When is usually a good time to get out at a club like Sub 51 or Underground before the crowd arrives- 10, 11?? It looks like Underground is an after hours club that stays open later (but I could be wrong about that). I just thought it might be easier to get in early as opposed to sitting in line for awhile and not knowing for sure. Thanks again guys- it's great hearing from people that have been there.
Generally speaking its good to get there earlier just because it will be easier to get in. Anytime between 10 and 11 is probably good. Places start filling up at 12ish usually. Earl in the night the doormen just want to get people in the door, later in the night they start to get egos the line has built up etc.

Go earlier, but be prepared to be in a quite club/lounge for an hour or so.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
This is excellent advice, but advice that folks rarely adhere to. People in groups tend to get caught up in their own "pre-games", fine dining and other activities earlier in the evening. Once the rush starts to hit at the club lines, it's sometimes a crapshoot as to if & when you'll get in at those more exclusive spots (unless you're ponying up buku dollars for bottle service, or you're a model or hanging out with a group of models, you're famous, you're personal friends with the bouncer and/or staff, etc.). And that rush in Chicago can last WELL into the AM hours from what I've seen. There are people lining up to get into some of these after hours clubs when most of America is already asleep and their nightclubs have already closed completely at 2 AM. 2 AM on a Saturday in Chicago is like second wind for the party animals & club kids lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandur View Post
Generally speaking its good to get there earlier just because it will be easier to get in. Anytime between 10 and 11 is probably good. Places start filling up at 12ish usually. Earl in the night the doormen just want to get people in the door, later in the night they start to get egos the line has built up etc.

Go earlier, but be prepared to be in a quite club/lounge for an hour or so.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 98,215 times
I agree- that is really good advice! Yea, we don't mind getting there a little early and just hanging out before the crowd arrives. We would rather do that than have to stand outside not knowing whether we may be let in or not.

So, if you guys could pick between Sub 51 and Underground, which would you choose? I say this because we will probably just pick one place, get there early, and stay there most of the night as opposed to trying to club hop. I read some Yelp reviews about the level of "douchebag-ness" that may exist in both clubs and we would prefer to minimize that (I'm sure it's impossible to cut out altogether by going to either club). Thanks again for the advice guys!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:14 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
I think the Underground will be considered to be the more "exclusive" of the two. That being said, it may also be the spot where you might have more trouble getting in. Don't think you can go wrong either way since you are trying to enter this type of establishment from the get-go and you are going about it strategically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop_a_holic View Post
I agree- that is really good advice! Yea, we don't mind getting there a little early and just hanging out before the crowd arrives. We would rather do that than have to stand outside not knowing whether we may be let in or not.

So, if you guys could pick between Sub 51 and Underground, which would you choose? I say this because we will probably just pick one place, get there early, and stay there most of the night as opposed to trying to club hop. I read some Yelp reviews about the level of "douchebag-ness" that may exist in both clubs and we would prefer to minimize that (I'm sure it's impossible to cut out altogether by going to either club). Thanks again for the advice guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: