Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times

Advertisements

Hello CD!

I am planning my buddies bachelor party for May 4th in the city. We will be renting a hotel and a limo. There will be only about 9 of us. My buddy isn't a big club head, but he doesn't hate clubs either.

Do any of you have recommendations for places we can start off at that is chill, then potentially move to more crazy bars later in the night?

Any recommendations for low priced limo service? How about recommendations on hotels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM

1,325 posts, read 4,195,685 times
Are you planning on renting a single large suite in the hotel? Strippers?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,163,893 times
Start here, very chill, nice view...

Signature Room at the 95th - When the Sky is the Limit...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM

319 posts, read 604,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Hello CD!

I am planning my buddies bachelor party for May 4th in the city. We will be renting a hotel and a limo. There will be only about 9 of us. My buddy isn't a big club head, but he doesn't hate clubs either.

Do any of you have recommendations for places we can start off at that is chill, then potentially move to more crazy bars later in the night?

Any recommendations for low priced limo service? How about recommendations on hotels?
I always have suggestions for CRAZY.

Chill places are the easy part, yelp the type of bar that you like near the midpoint destination, the crazy doesn't start till 11-12 anyways. Of course if you have a limo, thats a bonus, but you still don't want to sit in traffic half the night.

So you picked a Friday, that isn't my favorite night to go to clubs to be quite honest. I also don't like the loop particularly. I don't care to pay the markup on drinks when so many other places are so fun.

Not knowing your age/musical preferences/more details makes this a little harder. If you are younger, you might not like my suggestions. And I don't know anything about the strip clubs of Chicago. I'm also a little more on the alt-side of things so keep that in mind.

Between 11PM and 2AM - Clubs
1) Visions: I go there for very specific DJ's, I actually show up at 10 to be able to dance until the floor is full by midnight. Almost all the DJ's I like are there on Saturday (Technoesque) and I specifically go to the back-room, the front room DJ I think is really boring/mainstream-pop. This is by far, one of the best venues for clubbing in Chicago. It's a maze inside and you can easily get drinks without having to deal with BS bottle service.

2) Sound bar: Again, only for specific DJ events do I show up here. Don't get me wrong, it has a ton of potential. Don't set your drink down, they seem to make money bussing your half-full drink away. Really not fun to drink $3 of $6, but I guess that is how they do it there.

3) Innjoy: It's not really a club, but it is a ton of fun. They move the chairs out of the front area and then the dancefloor (front part of the bar) fills up with hot chicks of all ages dancing to the 80's-90's music all night long, all night, yeah, all night. Complete with music videos...
AFTER 2 AM - All open til 5am
1) Marie's Rip Tide: Where anything can and does happen in Chicago. Truly insane experience.
2) Nick's beergarden: A little less crazy than the riptide, good place to find late night heavy-flirting. Also have some games, pool and darts I think.
3) Estelle's: Hipster brew and weird movies. Love this place, pretty inexpensive and right by the blue line. Other local destinations are open around here.

4) NEO: If you are into hard music this is an option, and is a club as well. To me, NEO used to be good, when they had a good DJ ($#!&). Now they have a guy on Saturdays who's transitions are arguably the worst I've ever heard. Friday can be hit or miss. Nostalgia is the only reason I ever show up there anymore.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Thanks for the posts!!!

We are a group of people ranging from 21 to 26. The groom is 25. I wouldn't say we have "a lot" of money to spend on this trip so we would like to keep it somewhat lower. I live in Chicago so I know what to expect as far as prices go. The others might or might not.

Any of you have any recommendations for limo service or hotels?

The signature room is probably a little bit expensive, isn't it? Also, innjoy is great recommendation since I think that would fit the grooms personality. Hes kind of a dork at heart and would probably enjoy the 80's-90's music. Vision is another great suggestion, I have been there and I enjoyed myself.

Ive seen online that some limo services' offer free cover and vip access to the clubs you visit. Is that true? Is there a "catch" with that?

Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 PM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times
You can always start with Whirlyball, I know quite a few bachelor parties start there: WhirlyBall-Chicago?s Unique Venue For Private Parties-Corporate Events-Chicago, IL

Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 PM

319 posts, read 604,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Thanks for the posts!!!

We are a group of people ranging from 21 to 26. The groom is 25. I wouldn't say we have "a lot" of money to spend on this trip so we would like to keep it somewhat lower. I live in Chicago so I know what to expect as far as prices go. The others might or might not.

Any of you have any recommendations for limo service or hotels?

The signature room is probably a little bit expensive, isn't it? Also, innjoy is great recommendation since I think that would fit the grooms personality. Hes kind of a dork at heart and would probably enjoy the 80's-90's music. Vision is another great suggestion, I have been there and I enjoyed myself.

Ive seen online that some limo services' offer free cover and vip access to the clubs you visit. Is that true? Is there a "catch" with that?
I've never used Limo services, nor have stayed in hotels in the city. I'd bet the Limo service with VIP access is a crock.

Whirlyball is intensely fun, but this close to the event, and with only 9, I think that'd be difficult. We usually like a group of 20 so that you rotate out every other game. Plus, usually we play without rules and smash into eachother at maximum speed. I tend to feel it for 2 days afterwards.

Assuming nice weather, you could hit big star, get their amazing pork-belly tacos and queso fundida, then head to innjoy at 11, and if ya'll are still able to stand, head over to the rip-tide or nicks. That sounds like exactly what I would want on a Saturday! By that time too, innjoy will have the outdoor seating opened up as well. Innjoy has some inexpensive beers too, so you don't have to break the bank. Also, when it is your b-day at innjoy, the DJ who is AWESOME will play more than a couple of your requests.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
You can always start with Whirlyball, I know quite a few bachelor parties start there: WhirlyBall-Chicago?s Unique Venue For Private Parties-Corporate Events-Chicago, IL
youd probably be sweating after whirly ball. Nothing like showing up at a bar trying to get laid with your shirt soaked. I'd probably end with the night with a trip to horseshoe and a late night dinner in china town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago