Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,865,286 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I was apparently beaten to the punch in posting it on the interwebs. This blog already deals with a few things:

Places I'd like to avoid in Chicago. | Scribbling of Thoughts

I would add to the list the Thompson Center bathrooms on the lower level.

Good Lord.

What an abomination those "facilities" are.

Where are specific places you personally, or you would advise others to, avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,240,731 times
I've been to 6 of the 9, and that author is right. I like the comments section too, ha. I do my best to stay the hell away from Wrigleyville mst of the time, too.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,865,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
I've been to 6 of the 9, and that author is right. I like the comments section too, ha. I do my best to stay the hell away from Wrigleyville mst of the time, too.
I'm not off-base with the Thompson Center bathrooms, am I? Because I think I would much rather take a restroom break in a Trucker rest stop in the middle of Tennessee than I would in the Thompson Center.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,188,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
I'm not off-base with the Thompson Center bathrooms, am I? Because I think I would much rather take a restroom break in a Trucker rest stop in the middle of Tennessee than I would in the Thompson Center.

I can truly say I've never utilized the Thompson Center bathrooms (and I am proud of it).

Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,129,589 times
Quote:
No, they're certainly some of the worst I've ever seen in my life. I've been in them twice I think (the second time I'd forgotten about when I tried the first time, and I turned around after I'd made it halfway through the door). I'm not even picky at all on bathrooms, but those were small, really filthy, and packed with homeless people who looked like they were camping out or trying to clean themselves or something. It was just a huge mess. I was afriad, just didn't want to deal with the chaos.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,129,589 times
I've done 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. I actually didn't mind 1, 6 and 7, and I like 5. Although I could see how they'd all be a possible hell.

A few I can add to the list, mostly transit related:

1) Trying to buy a ticket in line at the Union Station for a Metra train at rush hour. 100 people and somehow no one knows where they're going or what's going on. With two windows open at most.

2) Trying to take an express bus between the river and Lakeshore at rush hour along Michigan ave. Goes so slow. I normally will just walk up to Water Tower and get it there to save the sitting through 50 lights.

3) On the Red Line home at rush hour when there's a Cubs night game and you live on the north side. Hundreds of confused tourists who crowd in the door (sometimes screaming) and then refuse to move towards the middle of the car. Then when everyone tries to exit at Belmont they stand there holding the bar in the doorway with a look of horror on their faces. YOU CAN EXIT AND THEN GET RIGHT BACK ON. I like it when they start "screaming" and acting like they're going to die as people push by.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,152,256 times
Funny article, pretty right on. Any of the cities tow lots fit the bill. I remember paying the fine and the tow charge and then just being let loose in a yard of literally one thousand plus cars, in the rain, and told, aisle 11 or something equally useless as there were no aisles with numbers. Thx.

In SF the city tow yard valeted my car!

Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 PM

578 posts, read 1,090,443 times
Never have been in 3 but great list. I would add wrigleyville during game time as well. Pure chaos. Belmont east bound on Saturday afternoons is horrible and anywhere near those "tour" kiosks. It's not Disneyland people. Move along or outta the way. And I want to say thank you I will avoid the Thompson center facilities at all costs

Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,240,731 times
Quote:
Mod Edit.

It probably is in my top 5 worst bathrooms I've ever used. Coincidentally, I *have* used trucker rest stops in Alabama and Tennessee, and they were suprisingly cleaner.

There's also a Shell station on Jackson and Morgan to which I had to make an emergency visit after a Sox game. I had a wicked case of the bubble-guts, and I had no other option. That bathroom was an absolute horror-show; half the toilet seat was shattered off and you had to take care to not let the jagged shards touch you...there was also about a quarter inch cocktail of diarrhea, **** and water on the floor and water dripping from the ceiling - like you were in some sort of hellish cave. This had to be at least 10 years ago, yet the memory sticks with me as if it were yesterday. I'm pretty sure that Shell station is the entrance to the ninth circle of hell.

Last edited by linicx; 05-16-2012 at 08:53 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,568,252 times
I'm not sure adding bathrooms is fair game, i mean the list would be 1,000 of pages long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago