Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:04 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times

Advertisements

mmmmm craft beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 PM

3,447 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I think Revolution is pretty good but they're awfully expensive. Piece and Revolution are along the same train line, two stops from each other, so they're another good comb hit. I'd hit Piece on an afternoon though, that place gets packed in the evenings.
Hey Drover(or to any other posters that may know the answer to my question), do you know when Revolution gets the most packed? I've wanted to go there, 'cept that I was trying to pick a time when it'd be a little less crowded than usual. My guess is weekdays probably wouldn't be as crowded, though I'm not sure when Revolution gets the most packed with crowds.

And from my multiple past experiences going to Piece, you are correct Drover that they don't get as packed at lunchtime.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Obviously Revolution gets busiest on Friday and Saturday nights. Now that its newness has worn off a bit, the crowds are much more manageable on weekday evenings than they were before.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:21 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,543,241 times
Both Revolution and Piece are open for weekday lunch, so make a trip of it. I haven't had any trouble getting seated on weeknights in recent months.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
We were at Revolution on a Saturday during the day from like 1-4. There were plenty of people in there (and this is when it was warmer out), but not shoulder to shoulder crowds, I thought the food was actually pretty good to, and the beer was outstanding.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
The food is good, but it's a little snooty and of the 'gastropub' variety, as in 'this is one of the best hamburgers you'll ever eat but you'll pony up $12 for the privilege of eating it.' I've eaten there twice and that was enough to get the gist. Since then I only go for the beer. The beer is a bit expensive too, but being a mug club member takes some of the sting out of it. A mug club membership costs $25 and mine paid for itself within two weeks.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:43 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The food is good, but it's a little snooty and of the 'gastropub' variety, as in 'this is one of the best hamburgers you'll ever eat but you'll pony up $12 for the privilege of eating it.' I've eaten there twice and that was enough to get the gist. Since then I only go for the beer. The beer is a bit expensive too, but being a mug club member takes some of the sting out of it. A mug club membership costs $25 and mine paid for itself within two weeks.
the food is definitely a bit pricey so I don't eat there on a regular basis, but it is good & a nice option in case you end up staying longer than expected and need some grub in your belly.

the mug club is a great deal indeed. in addition to the extra $1 worth of beer free with every Rev Brew pour, you get a free 20 oz glass of every new brew. I like to tell my wife I'm actually making money at this point.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:14 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times
Goose Island "sells out":

"Blogs and Twitter accounts of beer fans frothed with the news Monday that Goose Island’s corporation, Fulton Street Brewery LLC, sold control to Anheuser-Busch InBev, maker of Budweiser and Bud Light."

Chicago-based Goose Island brewery sold to Anheuser-Busch - Chicago Sun-Times

Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Goose Island "sells out":

"Blogs and Twitter accounts of beer fans frothed with the news Monday that Goose Island’s corporation, Fulton Street Brewery LLC, sold control to Anheuser-Busch InBev, maker of Budweiser and Bud Light."

Chicago-based Goose Island brewery sold to Anheuser-Busch - Chicago Sun-Times
This news fills me with dread.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:26 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
This news fills me with dread.
I for one, don't know if I can continue living in Chicago now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago