Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:45 PM

101 posts, read 411,158 times

Advertisements

Devin Hester is the sickest not-so-secret weapon of all time.

Beautiful return in the 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 03:59 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKennedy View Post
Devin Hester is the sickest not-so-secret weapon of all time.

Beautiful return in the 4th.
Too bad the rest of the team sucks. Griese was a disappointment, defense once again allowed too many points. Once again it was special teams that shined and the rest of the team was mediocre. Way to go Bears. 1-3. WOOT.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:31 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Hester still needs to learn how to hang onto the ball. Once he does that, it's time to work him into the offense.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:31 PM

101 posts, read 411,158 times
All i can do is shake my head. I know a lot of the Detroit's points have to do with the defensive injuries, but I've really been disappointed in the offense, but not only the problems the media points out though.

Benson has lost any fire he may have had. I think a lot of this has to do with Jones heading to the Jets. That was a move that crippled the backfield, not only personnel, but competitiveness. I don't think Benson feels that his job is threatened by Adrian Peterson, but he should certainly think again after this week. He needs to kick it into the highest gear that he's capable of or he can consider himself on the trading block or the sinking in the depth chart.

Muhsin Muhammad is embarrassing. He is one of the best wide-outs in the game, but his lack of interest in catching passes from Grossman or Griese is ridiculous. I think he's caught the same bug that Randy Moss did in Oakland, thinking that boycotting catching will prove their disappointment in the state of the offense. He has so much talent and has such potential to be the face of the offense, but very much shy's away from that role.

Finally, the quarterback situation. I understand that quarterbacks are hardly the priority of Chicago's roster, but anyone who thought Griese was going to save the day is living in denial. Brian is a washed-up back-up (to be read without a comma separating those words) and Chicago needs a new face behind center...and quick. Griese and Grossman should be told to pack up and prepare to take a jet from O'Hare to another town because the Bears need to drop them, pick up a reliable starter and keep Kyle Orton as the back up. Maybe make a move with Arizona for Kurt Warner as a Band-Aid for the problem until the draft?

The lacking offense puts much stress on special teams and defense to make big plays and keep a game together. You shouldn't rely on your KR to score your points for your team, and certainly not your defensive players. All of those extra minutes on the field, along with the added responsibility to score, will result in many more injuries to the defense and special teams.

Without the above being addressed, we could be in for a long, long season, which will end without any playoff hopes.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Well he should feel like his job is threatened by Peterson. He had Benson's job when he was benched much of the 1st season after his ill-advised holdout, and Peterson did a fine job at it. Benson was actually more productive than Jones last year, at least on a yards-per-carry basis, so I don't think it was that big a mistake to let Thomas go. They weren't going to be able to hold on to both of them for very long; they were going to have to let one or the other go sooner or later. I think it made sense to keep the younger, more productive and less expensive of the two.

I think part of Benson's problem is also part of the problem afflicting whoever happens to be at QB: the offensive line isn't getting it done. It's hard to run a draw play up the middle when the line isn't opening up gaps for him and he can't move around to the side because the defensive ends have collapsed the pocket.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:26 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,519 times
I think Bears fans are finally starting to realize that a sucky offense won't cut it this year.

Hell, I was pretty neutral this game, but I still had to chuckle in the fourth quarter. Nothing beats watching the look of an obnoxious Bears fan go into tear mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago