Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM

389 posts, read 921,317 times

Advertisements

Im planning road trip a bit. I try to save up money a bit since I have already had a little big expensive vacation in SF beginning this July but I feel I could use more days of some kind of a vacation. I work full time night shift weekend only so I while I can, id like to take advantage of weekdays during summer this year.

in summary deciding between:
august 15 jayz vs white sox , Toronto
july 31 twins vs white sox, Minneapolis
july 24 cubs vs pirates, Pittsburgh

Im deciding between Jayz and white sox game in Minneapolis or Toronto. I have been to TO last year before and its kinda cool town. Ive never been to its enternaintment venues and I've never been to Minneapolis at all.

Another option is to watch cubs game at Pittsburgh, I have neither been there before. I plan to stay one night in motel/ budget friendly hotel overnight.

I don't side with only one, Cubs or White Sox. Its little hard to understand for me rivalry given I am Polish and not originally from Chicago. But feel free to say which one I should pick and whose game I should go to. And then which town would you prefer. Which option do you think will give me the best experience? Which one is most interesting in your opinion? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,525,157 times
PNC Park is the most beautiful modern ballpark in baseball. I would definitely check it out. Toronto is the coolest town in general but Pittsburgh is a better baseball town and has a stunning ballpark.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Go to the Pirates/Cubs game. PNC Park is one of the best ballparks in the country, Pittsburgh is a fascinating town and a great place to hang out for a couple days, and the Pirates are division contenders for the first time since Columbus arrived in the New World, so go support them.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,216,642 times
It all depends on your priorities, these are the benefits of each of your choices:

Best city to visit - Toronto
Best Ball Park to visit - Pittsburgh
Best chance of Chicago team win - Minneapolis

Old 07-20-2012, 02:16 PM

though decision:

I narrowed down to Minneapolis and Pittsburgh:

Minneapolis because Target Field is one of best ballparks in country and Twin vs WS is gonna be better rivalry as both teams will be playing harder to win division leader toward end of season

Pittsburg because the combination of both city and ballpark experience will be better and PNC is one of the best ballparks in country also.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem_223 View Post
though decision:

I narrowed down to Minneapolis and Pittsburgh:

Minneapolis because Target Field is one of best ballparks in country and Twin vs WS is gonna be better rivalry as both teams will be playing harder to win division leader toward end of season

Pittsburg because the combination of both city and ballpark experience will be better and PNC is one of the best ballparks in country also.
Eh... The Twins are the Cubs of the American League this year.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Eh... The Twins are the Cubs of the American League this year.
I went to Cubs game at home this Wednesday and they played well 5-1. But Miami team could be weak. I don't know much about baseball.

So you're saying Cubs vs Pirates is gonna be more intense and interesting I think.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem_223 View Post
I went to Cubs game at home this Wednesday and they played well 5-1. But Miami team could be weak. I don't know much about baseball.

So you're saying Cubs vs Pirates is gonna be more intense and interesting I think.
Not necessarily. Just saying the Twins don't have anything to play for this year; you seemed to be under the impression that the Sox and Twins are battling it out for the division title. While that's often the case... not so much this year.

But if I were to judge which game would be more "intense," it would probably be the Pirates game because you'd be in the home stadium of the team that is actually playing for something other than pride.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Pittsburgh. Great ballpark, great city.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,253,045 times
I think that the Minnesota - Sox game will be better. PNC Park is a nice park, but Target Field is new and looks really nice. With that being said I would see the Twins and White Sox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: