Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:31 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,245,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Los Angeles and Hollywood are pretty gay too.
Yes, but it's pretty big and it's no Bay Area.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:32 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,515,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Hmmmm ? Is sexual orientation a question on the franchise form? I believe that would be illegal. So how would anyone know. Gheezh in New York you can't buy a big gulp and no chic filet in chi town. What is this world coming too ???? I believe in individual rights. Not gov telling me what Size soda pop i can drink and certainly not where I can buy a sandwich. Ri......dicoulous
Oh so as long as they don't ask and you don't tell? Yup, that was a successful policy.

And please don't call this Chi-town.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:33 PM

578 posts, read 1,089,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
According to Chet you can go to Park Ridge and get one these chain chicken sandwiches. If you really need one.....
I don't want nor need one. I don't drink pop either but I do not need a politician making decisions based on a business owners feelings on political views. Let people decide for themselves. And yes I actually have a gay roommate and support their causes. But handle it where it should be. In a court of law not in front of a fast food chain.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:34 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,515,403 times
Quote:
I don't want nor need one. I don't drink pop either but I do not need a politician making decisions based on a business owners feelings on political views. Let people decide for themselves. And yes I actually have a gay roommate and support their causes. But handle it where it should be. In a court of law not in front of a fast food chain.
Don't we all when we have a point to prove

Old 07-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Oh so as long as they don't ask and you don't tell? Yup, that was a successful policy.

And please don't call this Chi-town.
And I can call the city I was born, raised and live in anything I want. It's one of MY rights

Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,052,758 times
This whole thing is stupid but I'll say this.

Chick-fil-a is quickly getting a bad national reputation for it's policies. I don't think the city of Chicago wants to be associated with that negative reputation. We have our own issues to deal with.

Operating in the city isn't a right like a lot of people here seem to think it is.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Don't we all when we have a point to prove
I assume you do. Let it go. You'll feel better if you do

Old 07-26-2012, 03:38 PM

14,801 posts, read 17,596,184 times
Quote:
I don't want nor need one.
We both agree on that.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandur View Post
This whole thing is stupid but I'll say this.

Chick-fil-a is quickly getting a bad national reputation for it's policies. I don't think the city of Chicago wants to be associated with that negative reputation. We have our own issues to deal with.

Operating in the city isn't a right like a lot of people here seem to think it is.
Best answer so far.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:42 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,185,059 times
Quote:
Hmmmm ? Is sexual orientation a question on the franchise form? I believe that would be illegal. So how would anyone know.
Their interview process is incredibly detailed and invasive. They claim they don't discriminate, but they've had to settle a lot of discrimination suits out of court. This link has a good overview of their interview process.

Quote:
Family members of prospective operators--children, even--are frequently interviewed so Cathy and his family can learn more about job candidates and their relationships at home. "If a man can't manage his own life, he can't manage a business," says Cathy, who says he would probably fire an employee or terminate an operator who "has been sinful or done something harmful to their family members.".......

The company might face more suits if it didn't screen potential hires and operators so carefully. Many Chick-fil-A job candidates must endure a yearlong vetting process that includes dozens of interviews. Ty Yokum, the training manager for the chain, sat through 7 interviews and didn't get the job. He reapplied in 1991 and was subjected to another 17 interviews--the final one lasted five hours--and was hired. Bureon Ledbetter, Chick-fil-A's general counsel, says the company works hard to select people like Yokum, who "fit." "We want operators who support the values here," Ledbetter says.

Those who do say they like the member-of-the-club feel that goes along with working with Chick-fil-A. "It is very difficult to get in, but once you're in, you're in for life," says Donald Elam, a Chick-fil-A franchisee in Superstition Springs, Ariz.: "I tell all my people, 'I'm not working for Chick-fil-A; I'm working for the Lord.'"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago