Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 02:47 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Mean looks? Oh, what else? Did they gnash their teeth? Mutter inwardly toward themselves? Ball up their cocktail napkins in frustration? Who cares about mean looks? People actually came up to us to bicker. That is a whole different level of jackassery. It's as though men see us as communal property and are mad enough to cause a scene when outsiders trespasses on it. Actually, it's worse, because I've never seen a brawl over folks walking on their lawn.
Ok, well you better make sure that your white dates can handle themselves in a fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 03:06 PM

928 posts, read 1,713,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
what a terrible thing to say. unbelievably naive and insensitive. and i'll bet you'd paint yourself as an open-minded and tolerant person. pathetic.
Tolerant of religious lunacy? I certainly do not paint myself that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Ok, well you better make sure that your white dates can handle themselves in a fight.
They're good. Not a fan of butthurt wimpy dudes.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM

622 posts, read 1,196,386 times
Quote:
Tolerant of religious lunacy? I certainly do not paint myself that way.

sure. everyone who attends church is a religious lunatic.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:

What did your date do when the angry black guy(s) approached him? Just curious...

Old 08-17-2012, 03:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,556 times
Quote:
What did your date do when the angry black guy(s) approached him? Just curious...
I can't speak for her dates, but I'm a white guy who has never been approached by "angry black guys" while on dates with black women. That sounds like something from a bad 70's movie.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,641 times
Quote:
Yeah, whatever. There are times when I see groups of black women and 75% are fat. Most are more concerned with getting their hair done than working out. Anyway, I don't waste time with them anymore.

I understand where you are coming from, and I am African American woman. I am probably one of the few who values working out, have a great body over a perfect hairstyle. I feel the most confident when I am in shape, and I am actually trying to lose about 20lbs. I am almost 6ft tall size 10/12. I am trying to get back to an 8, Everyone say I look great, but I like being toned and thin.

I figure I can always get the hair done but I love to workout and keep up my body. I can not have quote "great hair", but be 300lbs.

The funny thing is I get complements on my hair all the time and I never get it done.
There are black women are there without all the attitude and who workout. It is just hard to find, so I understand where you are coming from.

The funny thing I do not date a lot black men for similar reasons, too much attitude and can be too aggressive. However, I wonder what would happen if all the people who swore off there own race who meet. I always wonder how much the people would have in common.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I can't speak for her dates, but I'm a white guy who has never been approached by "angry black guys" while on dates with black women. That sounds like something from a bad 70's movie.

I don't personally know any black man that's started a fight over something like that.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM

32 posts, read 48,197 times
I'll dive in here.

Honestly, if you want a sister in this city, you've got to luck up. Everyone who's commented has a point though.

Here's my post:

You go to church to get a woman, key word woman, (25+ years of age) -8/10 times- she's going to be overweight, or a former party girl who has a dark, and I mean dark, past. You want eye candy? Sure you might get lucky, but they're the undercover h*es who just advertise in church. You really want one of those? Go for it...

South Sider is right. Most of the Af-Am women are on the southside. You folks ever been to/on the southside? If you've spent a month.....no a week...heck, even one day on the south side I wouldn't need to explain anything to you. But, I'll assume you've never been....

There is weave. There is vocal volume stuck on "F(forte)". There are babies. Lots of them. There are Section 8 recipients. There are Wal Mart/Target/Hair Salon/RN workers by the droves.
There are flip-flops and pajama's(yes, they are worn outside of the house, to the store/bank/school, etc.)
There are rusted out Cavaliers and Cobalts with carseats, (sometimes several)
There are baby daddies.
There is so much baggage with some of the sisters it's crazy. If you're honestly a good man, they will inspect/critique/accuse you until they make you do something that they can pin on you. Seen it happen, many times. It's almost comical. Well no, it is comical.

This exists from 22nd Street to ohhh.....let's say 127th street. You really want one of those? Go for it.....

Now, lets say you branch out right? Go to the south suburbs? That's the only other place the sisters are at in droves. Oh wait, more of the same. *snaps fingers* Damn...where else can we look....

College towns! Okay, nice. Well...that kind of goes against the "woman" thing doesn't it? Because they're still in the college mindset. Most sisters don't want to get too serious when they're in the 18-25 bracket, who does really? Sisters love the club, especially if they're young and good looking. And again, I can't blame 'em. Heck, I like the club too! So you want some "fun", hit around the college club hotspots that sisters like to frequent.

Now, you want a professional, calm, reserved, mature, adult woman? You want the highest probability to even see one of them? Go downtown, or up north and luck up. Out in the burbs, they're all married. You want to break up a marriage then go out to Country Club Hills or something....lot of that going on out that way. Southside? Good luck, folks can argue all they want, but anyone who's lived/worked/been on the southside will agree with the points I posted.

There's good sisters out there, but they're just like the good brothers. Few and far between! Hope you find one, that's right for you!

Last edited by NINE BALL; 08-17-2012 at 09:03 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 AM

928 posts, read 1,713,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Ha ha. It's not like they were challenging us to 20 paces at dawn or anything. They'd just come around with snide comments which were responded to in kind.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I understand where you are coming from, and I am African American woman. I am probably one of the few who values working out, have a great body over a perfect hairstyle. I feel the most confident when I am in shape, and I am actually trying to lose about 20lbs. I am almost 6ft tall size 10/12. I am trying to get back to an 8, Everyone say I look great, but I like being toned and thin.
That's great. The funny thing is that women are far more critical of their bodies than men are. I don't work out nearly as much as I used to but I'm probably in better shape than 90% of men out there. I do plan on stepping up the weightlifting and martial arts though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
The funny thing I do not date a lot black men for similar reasons, too much attitude and can be too aggressive. However, I wonder what would happen if all the people who swore off there own race who meet. I always wonder how much the people would have in common.
I can definately understand where you're coming from. I'm surprised that more black women aren't seeking out men of other races, at least to open up their options. There are a lot of black women claiming that there are not enough 'quality' black men out there. It's not there there aren't any black women out there that I'm compatable with, they are just too hard for me to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago