Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by resuelppA View Post
Thats foolish considering how many different languages and cultures are spoken amongst them.

Theres more to diversity than just White, Black, Asian and Hispanic.

We are talking hundreds of different languages and cultures here.
It is foolish; I'm not stating anything other than a fact. Think about how many, for example, high majority black schools there are; do you ever hear of creating diversity in these schools by adding white students?

Last edited by Kamms; 08-26-2012 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Chicago is arguably the least homogenous city in the U.S.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
This thread is going way off topic.

The OP clearly used the wrong term ('homogenous') when phrasing his question.

To answer the question: NO. Ever been to River North, Lincoln Park, Boystown, Bucktown, Logan Square?

There are SO many new restaurants and bars opening up there all the time. Many don't make it, new ones take their places.

The Loop and South Loop is also experiencing this.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:15 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Umm, in today's PC world, eastern European immigrants are not considered ''diverse''; diversity means blacks & hispanics. So let's not count the white Europeans as adding to diversity anywhere.
I don't think you know what PC means.

Hint: Saying that white Europeans are not "diverse" is quite the opposite of politically correct.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I don't think you know what PC means.

Hint: Saying that white Europeans are not "diverse" is quite the opposite of politically correct.

He's spouting off talking points best suited for the ChiKKKago News Report

Old 08-27-2012, 09:07 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default Is there such a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
He's spouting off talking points best suited for the ChiKKKago News Report
I'd think a moderator would want to be notified of such behavior...

Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I'd think a moderator would want to be notified of such behavior...
I tried that frist

Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Um, folks, if you followed the posts, I stated this is ''foolish''; I don't believe it myself, but in the PC world, white Europeans are not considered to be diverse. However, if you look at the facts, there is some validity to this reasoning such that ''diversity'' does seem to be limited to adding blacks and hispanics or I guess gays. Does anyone really ever hear adding diversity to cities, schools, workplaces etc. by adding or increasing white Europeans to a predominately black or hispanic or adding ''straight people'' to gay communities?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:55 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Um, folks, if you followed the posts, I stated this is ''foolish''; I don't believe it myself, but in the PC world, white Europeans are not considered to be diverse. However, if you look at the facts, there is some validity to this reasoning such that ''diversity'' does seem to be limited to adding blacks and hispanics or I guess gays. Does anyone really ever hear adding diversity to cities, schools, workplaces etc. by adding or increasing white Europeans to a predominately black or hispanic or adding ''straight people'' to gay communities?
Um, yes actually. Old North St. Louis is a perfect example of this, and I've heard people say the area is getting more diverse on multiple occasions. Because it is.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Um, yes actually. Old North St. Louis is a perfect example of this, and I've heard people say the area is getting more diverse on multiple occasions. Because it is.
Um, was thinking more along the lines of an established neighborhood, school or workplace that actively seeks white Europeans to add to its diversity.

Old North St. Louis was a white area, then abandoned and is now seeing the seeds of gentrification. This is a good thing; lots of old abandoned urban areas are seeing gentrification such as this. Hope Old North St. Louis keeps seeing ''diversity''. Adding a couple hundred white folks gentrifying the area; at least this is what I think you mean by ''diverse''. This ''diversity'' is rebuilding an abondoned war-zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago