Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 AM

928 posts, read 1,713,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
I think that even 3 hours on the Blue Line (a bit high in my opinion) beats the hell out of sitting around O'Hare for 5 hours. There's no real need to go all the way downtown either, you can grab some food and drinks at many unique places along the Blue Line - Longman & Eagle, Smoque, Revolution Brewing, Big Star, or others. You'll probably still have 30 minutes or so to walk around a neighborhood and check it out. Like I said, it beats the hell out of hanging around O'Hare.
This, except the part about Big Star. God, I wish I could wipe that place off the map. You'd think I'd like it considering the outdoor seating and that it serves up two of my favorite things in the world, whiskey and tacos, and yet...

But in response to the OP, yeah, what everyone else said. Not really time for much except eating something really fast somewhere on the Blue Line then immediately heading back, or getting really loaded at the airport bar. I like the idea of the original McDonald's though. I've never been, and though it doesn't sound like much, I'd still like to check it out someday. I'll add that to my list of things I should do (but will never actually do).

Last edited by Lorielicious; 09-16-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 AM

389 posts, read 920,911 times
You can also go to wood-field mall in schaumburg, its fairly close, Ohare has Goose Island bar but I don't know if they only have one in restricted area and whether it will be at your terminal. They have decent food and beer. They have original location in Wrigyville. You could also get off the blue line on northwest side close to Ohare at any station. There are some few things to see, like old Polish neighborhood of Jefferson Park.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
hey what happened to my post? I know i mentioned some place to go and i think it got deleted. It wasn't anything bad, i was just recommending the nearby gay bar called Hunters, some of the airline peopel are gay and would appreciate going to a nice place that is not trashy!

let me know if that got censored or maybe i didn't press the SAVE button ???????????????????.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,872 times
When I come into town, I usually start heading to the airport three hours before my flight. A little bit of a transport cushion and two hours to check in, get through security and wait at the gate.

Figure half an hour to get off the plane and to a door / blue line terminal, leaves you an hour and a half, which isn't worth the bother in my opinion. You might as well just stay in the secure part of the airport. No sense in going through security and risk getting zapped by the x-ray scanner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago