Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Two lies.

For one, not decades of Rule, it's called GOVERNING.

Two, check the link, and you WILL SEE with your OWN EYES, that DEMOCRATS have NOT GOVERNED for decades.
I love it when people make erroneous statements!

List of Governors of Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI: Former Governor (R) George Ryan is doing time in PRISON.

Are there not a couple of formers who did time? Chicagoans dont feel bed, the last 3 mass speakers of the house have been indicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Two lies.

For one, not decades of Rule, it's called GOVERNING.

Two, check the link, and you WILL SEE with your OWN EYES, that DEMOCRATS have NOT GOVERNED for decades.
I love it when people make erroneous statements!

List of Governors of Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FYI: Former Governor (R) George Ryan is doing time in PRISON.
I lived there for 40 years, I know first hand the problems Ill'annoy faces...

The state has been run into the ground by Chicago Democrats that RULE the general assembly...

There problems are unfixable at this point and there were ignored warnings all along, kind of like the USA...

They really did a number on Ill when they had a constitutional convention in 1970 and inserted this gem...

The Pension Clause of the 1970 Illinois Constitution provides:
Membership in any pension or retirement system of the State, any unit of local government or school district, or any agency or instrumentality thereof, shall be an enforceable contractual relationship, the benefits of which shall not be diminished or impaired. (1970 Illinois Constitution, Article XIII, Section 5)

So it's gonna have to be tax increases....

Id get the hell out now....

Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
I lived there for 40 years, I know first hand the problems Ill'annoy faces...

The state has been run into the ground by Chicago Democrats that RULE the general assembly...

There problems are unfixable at this point and there were ignored warnings all along, kind of like the USA...

They really did a number on Ill when they had a constitutional convention in 1970 and inserted this gem...

The Pension Clause of the 1970 Illinois Constitution provides:
Membership in any pension or retirement system of the State, any unit of local government or school district, or any agency or instrumentality thereof, shall be an enforceable contractual relationship, the benefits of which shall not be diminished or impaired. (1970 Illinois Constitution, Article XIII, Section 5)

So it's gonna have to be tax increases....

Id get the hell out now....

Given that Chicago has had decades of Democrat mayors, the Chicago Teachers Union is much, much more powerful than any one person or lawmaker.

And again, it's not Democratic Mayors that RULE, they GOVERN, just as Governors do.
Don't cry about the democrat lawmakers either, because when you do, you're talking about insulting alot of people who voted them into office.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and have seen my share of corruption of GOVERNING.

Remember this though, the people in unions in and around Chicago stick together, and they're more powerful than lawmakers. The day that lawmakers begin cutting the throats of union people, will be the day that that lawmaker ends up on the street out of office.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Much like Detroit being under 50 years of Democratic "leadership".

Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Much like Detroit being under 50 years of Democratic "leadership".
Oranges to apples comparison again.

When automakers moved operations out of detroit, people ended up out of work.
You don't suppose that could be why detroit is having difficult economic times, do ya?
duh.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Given that Chicago has had decades of Democrat mayors, the Chicago Teachers Union is much, much more powerful than any one person or lawmaker.

And again, it's not Democratic Mayors that RULE, they GOVERN, just as Governors do.
Don't cry about the democrat lawmakers either, because when you do, you're talking about insulting alot of people who voted them into office.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and have seen my share of corruption of GOVERNING.

Remember this though, the people in unions in and around Chicago stick together, and they're more powerful than lawmakers. The day that lawmakers begin cutting the throats of union people, will be the day that that lawmaker ends up on the street out of office.
Thats why your Democrat "Governors", you know the ones from Chicago and the suburbs that rule the whole state are gonna hand you a massive tax increase...

The mass exodus of people and business will make it even worse...

I could care less about "insulting" the idiots that ruined Illinois by voting these crooks in office, their gonna get what they deserve...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Thats why your Democrat "Governors", you know the ones from Chicago and the suburbs that rule the whole state are gonna hand you a massive tax increase...

The mass exodus of people and business will make it even worse...

Im could care less about "insulting" the idiots that ruined Illinois by voting these crooks in office, their gonna get what they deserve...
Wow, is there anyone that you do have any respect for?

and I have to correct you again, it's not RULE, it's GOVERN.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:37 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They don't have much of a choice. Look what they just promised the teachers.
I too am rooting for the Peoples of Chicago to rise up and raise property taxes on the wealthy and rich!

Tax em, tax em hard and if the filthy rich don't like it they can leave!

People power!

Quote:

You don't suppose that could be why detroit is having difficult economic times, do ya?
duh.
The only reason Detroit is having a hard time is taxes aren't high enough!

//Sarcasm Off

(Sure is easy being a democrat)

Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I too am rooting for the Peoples of Chicago to rise up and raise property taxes on the wealthy and rich!

Tax em, tax em hard and if the filthy rich don't like it they can leave!

People power!
They can right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they already have the exit tax bill written that will soak em on the way out should they dare try to leave...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

duh.

Many of the reasons for the problems in Chicago are the same reasons the auto makers pulled out of Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago