Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,872,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Given that Chicago has had decades of Democrat mayors, the Chicago Teachers Union is much, much more powerful than any one person or lawmaker.

And again, it's not Democratic Mayors that RULE, they GOVERN, just as Governors do.
Don't cry about the democrat lawmakers either, because when you do, you're talking about insulting alot of people who voted them into office.

I was born and raised in Chicago, and have seen my share of corruption of GOVERNING.

Remember this though, the people in unions in and around Chicago stick together, and they're more powerful than lawmakers. The day that lawmakers begin cutting the throats of union people, will be the day that that lawmaker ends up on the street out of office.
They don't have to say yes to the Teachers Union. I work for the BOE (not a teacher) and when the teachers strike, the leaders all have the option of telling them to take a hike and hire new teachers if they want. But they don't. And it is not because of the Chicago Teachers Union but because they know that they cannot hire QUALIFIED teachers that want to teach in the dirty, dingy and dangerous schools in the city if they pay less. The best teachers will leave for the suburbs or even other metros if they cut the pay and benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,872,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
I am REALLY loving this thread.
Its making me laugh so hard and its true.
The Fall of Chicago is coming.
I have my own plans to take a piece of the Chicago Pie
but i cant share it with anyone cause then Rahmbo will get all defensive and do everything possible to prevent me from getting my hands on this great piece of Chicago pie.
oh and guess what?
Another MAJOR business leaves the land of illness and corruption. Illinois Manufacturer Moving to South Bend - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
That tax hike is sure working out for Illinois. Thanks for helping Indiana grow
Nobody wants to live in Indiana.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
And yet from 2005 to 2010, the GDP of Illinois increased nearly that of the increases in GDP of Iowa, Wisconsin and Indiana combined...
Broke is still broke...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
My brother moved out there a few years ago and he loves it

I still have friends and family in Ill'annoy, their working on leaving too...

It's sad because the rest of the state has a lot going for it and I had a hard time finally getting fed up enough and doing all it took leaving myself, but no I have regrets....

My problem is I know the years of BS that went on there with state finances that are past the point of being fixable...

A bailout would just encourage other states like California to do the same thing...

But what's really sad is the idea of a bankrupt state looking for a bailout from an equally bankrupt Federal government...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
I am REALLY loving this thread.
Its making me laugh so hard and its true.
The Fall of Chicago is coming.
I have my own plans to take a piece of the Chicago Pie
but i cant share it with anyone cause then Rahmbo will get all defensive and do everything possible to prevent me from getting my hands on this great piece of Chicago pie.
oh and guess what?
Another MAJOR business leaves the land of illness and corruption. Illinois Manufacturer Moving to South Bend - Newsroom - Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick
That tax hike is sure working out for Illinois. Thanks for helping Indiana grow
Since you haven't figured it out yet despite others trying to explain it to you in great detail, I'll just cut straight to the chase: nobody gives a tinker's damn what your opinion is on any subject, ever. That includes every single Indy poster who cringes every time you post anything putatively on their behalf.

Go away, grow the hell up, come back, and then maybe someone will take you seriously. Maybe.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times
City pensions are big - my dad's Water Dept Pension - $3000 a month. Mom's Teacher's Pension $4000 a month. This is how I survive 4 years of unemployment - my SSDI, and my Parent's pensions pay all the bills.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
Jesse69, are you sure of your mom's pension? It sounds like a lot.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
ya tell that to the hundreds of thousands of Illinoisians that have relocated to Indiana over the past 20 years.
Also did i forget to mention Indiana gained over 400k people in the last 10 years? same as Illinois and yet Indiana is half the size of Illinois.
lot of that is a net in-migration. But then again it kills Illinois to have the 2nd worst business climate in the country and Indiana has the 5th best business climate in the country/#1 in the midwest.
Indiana's new slogan is were the Midbest or best in the Midwest
Jealous of our success is nothing new.
But again the facts sometimes hurt

Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM

303 posts, read 578,671 times
Illinois has it hard. Corruption is all to common in this state.The perception of corruption in Illinois isn't encouraging to people and businesses outside the state.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Chaser View Post
Illinois has it hard. Corruption is all to common in this state.The perception of corruption in Illinois isn't encouraging to people and businesses outside the state.
+1
Illinois *along with California* are the most hated states in the country.
geeze i wonder why?
both are blue.
However both are also filled with corruption and high tax/spend out the wazooo democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago