Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Chicago sports team/s?
Cubs 21 33.33%
Bears 35 55.56%
Sox 34 53.97%
Bulls 33 52.38%
Hawks 22 34.92%
Fire 8 12.70%
other 3 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,346,006 times

Advertisements

I always wondered if there were more Bears fans or Cubs fans- not saying you can't be both but it seems that the Cubs over shadow most of America's sports teams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,115,410 times
Cubs, Hawks and Bears. Watch the Hawks become really popular thanks to all the bandwagon freaks. I almost hope the Hawks suck this year so I can once again get tickets to the games and not be surrounded by people who are absolutely clueless about hockey.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM

73 posts, read 332,682 times
I don't care what anybody says. This city is a baseball town. The Cubs are the most popular team so I have to give them an edge. The Bears have the "most" fans simply because if you live in Chicago you support the Bears but I think a Cubs WS victory would be bigger than a Bears superbowl. I remember at the Bears superbowl party I was at the other year a Cubs vs. Sox arguement broke out during the game! That's how I know Chicago is a baseball town.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 AM

1,720 posts, read 2,544,440 times
White Sox, Bears, Bulls. Never cared for the Cubs, and never will, and I've never followed hockey.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM

863 posts, read 2,774,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Cubs, Hawks and Bears. Watch the Hawks become really popular thanks to all the bandwagon freaks. I almost hope the Hawks suck this year so I can once again get tickets to the games and not be surrounded by people who are absolutely clueless about hockey.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve-o, do you think you are the only true Chicago sports fan? Seriously, who made you the decider on who and who is not a true fan?

Oh, I voted Bears, White Sox, and Bulls (in that order). My earliest memories are of watching the White Sox at Comiskey Park (the only game our abnormally large family could afford to attend).

Old 10-08-2008, 10:03 AM

76 posts, read 218,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
Steve-o, do you think you are the only true Chicago sports fan? Seriously, who made you the decider on who and who is not a true fan?

Oh, I voted Bears, White Sox, and Bulls (in that order). My earliest memories are of watching the White Sox at Comiskey Park (the only game our abnormally large family could afford to attend).
There does seem to be a lot of Hawks bandwagon fans. I guess you can put me in that category since I refused to support them when Dollar Bill was in charge. However, I do follow hockey and know the game quite well.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM

I know next to nothing about the Hawks and even less about the game of hockey itself. I've been to one Hawks game for a work function. I paid more attention to our clients and the free food than the game. Hockey bores the heck out of me. Maybe if they make it to the playoffs, I'll go to more games and buy a jersey just **** off Steve-O. (j/k)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,115,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeINIL View Post
What is it today with jagof, er, nevermind.

First off, I never said that or implied that, did I? Im just pissed off that I cant get a doggone ticket to any games I want to attend because most tickets have been sold to bandwagoners and thats OBVIOUS. Where were these "fans" the last few years when we sucked royal a$$? Hmm????? Second off, its pretty fu*kin obvious when youre at the United Center last year and there were, on average, 10-12,000 fans a night and now all of a sudden there is a entire sea of brand spankin new Reebok Edge jerseys with the #'s 88 or 19 on the back, and theyre just absolutely clueless about the game. Im glad that the Hawks are doing well and will hopefully see black ink this year, but if this bandwagoner crap keeps up much longer I wont be able to attend any games that I want because theyve all been sold out to people who dont really give a sh*t.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,000,181 times
White Sox: Always have been a fan. They never have a bad team (compared to teams like the cubs). All throughout the 90's they were competitive and had some of the best players in the game (The Big Hurt, Albert Belle, Jamie Navarro, Jack McDowell, Robin Ventura, etc.) They always led baseball in HR's and that trend continues today. They are super fun to watch plus I can drive to the Cell in about 15 minutes which just makes being a Sox fan that much more fun. They have the best logo in sports and the coolest colors (black, grey, and white).

Bulls: Always have been a fan. I grew up with MJ's Bulls. And to this day I support them even though they have been sissy boys...that is until they landed Derrick Rose. He brings fire to the team and I fully expect them to imrpove rapidly.

Bears: Grew up with them and the '85 Bears. Football is my favorite sport and am a bears fan 4 lyfe!

Blackhawks: Used to love them...until the white flag trade where they shipped out Belfour, Chelios, and Roenick. Plus, their owner was like Hitler not broadcasting home games. What a stupid move on his part. They're alright but I like the Wolves better, their games are more entertaining as well.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What is it today with jagof, er, nevermind.

First off, I never said that or implied that, did I? Im just pissed off that I cant get a doggone ticket to any games I want to attend because most tickets have been sold to bandwagoners and thats OBVIOUS. Where were these "fans" the last few years when we sucked royal a$$? Hmm????? Second off, its pretty fu*kin obvious when youre at the United Center last year and there were, on average, 10-12,000 fans a night and now all of a sudden there is a entire sea of brand spankin new Reebok Edge jerseys with the #'s 88 or 19 on the back, and theyre just absolutely clueless about the game. Im glad that the Hawks are doing well and will hopefully see black ink this year, but if this bandwagoner crap keeps up much longer I wont be able to attend any games that I want because theyve all been sold out to people who dont really give a sh*t.
My children's grade school is having anger management classes for K-6 graders. You might want to come and sit in.

Just like those bandwagon Sox "fans" you have a problem with, huh? I see a trend here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago