Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
However, I do have a video of Paris showing off her (ahem) skills. She does appear to have some talent...
Post of the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:01 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarelyOffended View Post
Is Chicagos nightlife dead?
No.

Are you?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 AM

122 posts, read 253,143 times
Just because I started a thread asking a question doesn't mean I am a troll. And if I equated Chicago nightlife to attractiveness it came out completely wrong. I think Chicago nightlife is in fact dead and I rather save my money and do something more constructive then sitting in. Bar or club every weeekend

Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Post of the day!
x2

Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,574,836 times
Op was a troll, you guys

Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarelyOffended View Post
Just because I started a thread asking a question doesn't mean I am a troll. And if I equated Chicago nightlife to attractiveness it came out completely wrong. I think Chicago nightlife is in fact dead and I rather save my money and do something more constructive then sitting in. Bar or club every weeekend
I don't understand. So, you're suggesting that you still believe Chicago's nightlife is dead and yet you also think it's stupid to sit in a bar or club every weekend? Those seem to be mutually exclusive to me.

All this talk of last calls makes me want to go back to Pop's in good ol' Sauget, IL (across the river from St. Louis) They're 24/7/365. When the 3 a.m. bars close in St. Louis you'll inevitably hear at least one drunken group cry out "To the East Side!"

Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
haven't posted in forever...but...lol at this thread.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I don't understand. So, you're suggesting that you still believe Chicago's nightlife is dead and yet you also think it's stupid to sit in a bar or club every weekend? Those seem to be mutually exclusive to me.
That had me scratching my head, too. Maybe he feels better about his decision to not go to bars and clubs if he can convince himself that they're all dead, anyway?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
You gotta know not only WHERE the crowds will be, but WHEN they'll be there. There's a thriving nightlife scene 7 days a week, if you are in the know abt it!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 AM

896 posts, read 1,399,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorielicious View Post
Why the **** are we talking about models?

Anyway, no Chicago isn't dead, it's just a different kind of night life than the Beautiful People scene you apparently define as a decent night life. Sure, there are some clubs with dress codes where there's a line to get in and other silliness of the sort, but on the whole, Chicago's bar/club scene is a little more laid back and down to Earth than whatever music videos you're getting your ideas from what clubs are supposed to be like from. Which is a good thing if you ask me. There's some of what you're looking for out there in this city, but in my experiences (which might not mean much), when Chicagoans go out they are much more concerned with getting properly drunk than they are finding a proper mini skirt. God bless this town.
Ah and that is what I hate about it. I do not drink nor care about getting drunk that is for college kids. It makes the scene boring and immature.

I like to go out dancing but like Chicago Southsider, but I am too old for clubs. However, I will be going Vertigo this weekend and checking it out. I prefer the older downtown kind of scene not this local neighborhood, boring stand around and drink beer stuff.

Btw, I could not stand that in college either and only went to to bars/lounges/slash clubs in college. Loved them one was supposely too mature, but I loved it. It was a steakhouse/lounge bar with dancing and the other was a fun dance club and people were not pretenious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago