Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:47 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
On average? Yes. There's still a lot of very good looking women here and not all of them go out and party their asses off. I've found a lot to be the laid back go out to eat and chill types. Go to Le Colonial, upstairs lounge on certain nights. You will see the place full of women who look like super models. It's mindblowing.

That looks like a nice place. I think you have a point about knowing where to go. At this point in my life I'm not much into clubs. Nice restaurants and bars are more my speed. Anyway, I'll check out the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 03:48 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
That looks like a nice place. I think you have a point about knowing where to go. At this point in my life I'm not much into clubs. Nice restaurants and bars are more my speed. Anyway, I'll check out the place.
Yes, it's a very nice place. Upstairs part of it of course is not as much white table cloth. I've drank alongside Tyra Banks there before. A lot of random people pop in. It's pretty amazing on some nights the people who go there. Some are very beautiful.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 PM

778 posts, read 998,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rca215 View Post
If Miami nightlife is ideal nightlife, then I sure hope it is dead in Chicago.
+1

This is about the only clubbing I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Are you mindblowingly gorgeous?

Ill take a dive bar or a pub over a tacky pretentious club any day. Same goes for the women.

Lets be real fellas, you aint getting a model anyway. Try to aim more realistic, alright?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Maybe, but Miami women blow Chicago's out of the water.

Only blow going on in Miami is with coke, boss.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyooooo View Post
Lets be real fellas, you aint getting a model anyway. Try to aim more realistic, alright?
LOL depends on who you are..and not all models are idiotic bimbos (but there are a lot who are). There's a lot of models out there. I think you meant "Supermodel" signed to a big agency like Ford, Click, etc. They are usually a lot worse than the others.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
LOL depends on who you are..and not all models are idiotic bimbos (but there are a lot who are). There's a lot of models out there. I think you meant "Supermodel" signed to a big agency like Ford, Click, etc.

If youre relying on your looks in order to get picked up, something tells me you dont have much upstairs.

Who needs that anyway, right?

Some of you may be satisfied dating a broad that just sits there and looks pretty, but I need a bit more than that. Nothing more useless.

The whole Miami scene got old when I was about, 22.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
If youre relying on your looks in order to get picked up, something tells me you dont have much upstairs.

Who needs that anyway, right?

Some of you may be satisfied dating a broad that just sits there and looks pretty, but I need a bit more than that.
Nobody ever said they're only satisfied with the looks of someone. Believe me, I've dated a few pretty girls who ended up being stupid and complete ******* in the end (and gold diggers, which is funny since I'm not a millionaire).

What I mean though is that not all models are pretentious "omg, I only go for Brad Pitt types." Two of my ex girlfriends were models, but I had no idea either of them were models until I got to know them better. Both very nice and down to earth. One was very smart. I have another friend who's a model in another state and actually has a degree in Finance and works as a Financial Analyst, but does that stuff.

Not all models are stupid and as dense as people think they are, but some DEFINITELY are. Usually the ones who aren't are humble about it. The ones I went out with were about "natural beauty" and not getting all dolled up.

However, that being said I hate the pretentious fake scene in any city. I avoid it at all costs. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Nobody ever said they're only satisfied with the looks of someone. Believe me, I've dated a few pretty girls who ended up being stupid and complete ******* in the end (and gold diggers, which is funny since I'm not a millionaire).

What I mean though is that not all models are pretentious "omg, I only go for Brad Pitt types." Two of my ex girlfriends were models, but I had no idea either of them were models until I got to know them better. Both very nice and down to earth. One was very smart. I have another friend who's a model in another state and actually has a degree in Finance and works as a Financial Analyst, but does that stuff.

Not all models are stupid and as dense as people think they are, but some DEFINITELY are. Usually the ones who aren't are humble about it. The ones I went out with were about "natural beauty" and not getting all dolled up.

However, that being said I hate the pretentious fake scene in any city. I avoid it at all costs. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

It depends on the modeling, and these broads are few and far between.

I try to avoid that entire scene as well. "No thanks on the Coors, brah!"

Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
It depends on the modeling, and these broads are few and far between.

I try to avoid that entire scene as well. "No thanks on the Coors, brah!"
They are. I've met both sides of the spectrum. There are definitely a lot of shallow, bimbo models out there and there's definitely a good number of "real" models too who have a sense of humility and are actually intelligent, and not dense. Not all models are into bros and frat boys and whatever else. One of the ones I dated told me every football player thought they could get with her in college. Her response was "okay, so you play football. So what? How does that make you any better than anybody else?" If you looked at her though, you'd just assume she was. That's why talking with people will surprise you sometimes and is important. I think there's a lot of people though, model or not, who have that attitude until they hit a certain age (although some are always like that with pro sports. That's another story though). They think they're worth a certain amount.

Anyway, I share the disdain for these types of establishments. I love dancing, but I can't stand people at most clubs. They're incredibly fake and stupid and have no depth about them whatsoever. As much as I love sports, there's only so much fanaticism I can take from people too. It's good to talk about other things too. It's hilarious because whenever my current girlfriend's friends want to go out to some club, I find the lamest excuse not to go. I can't stand 99% of those places.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,556 times
Quote:
Go to Le Colonial, upstairs lounge on certain nights. You will see the place full of women who look like super models. It's mindblowing.
I have a funny feeling that the next several nights, upstairs at Le Colonial, there will be 5 attractive women and 40 random dudes from the internet lurking in the corners creeping on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago