U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 AM

122 posts, read 241,471 times

Advertisements

Haven't been out in the Chicago nightlife for a few months. Then went on a binge to Wicker Park, Lincoln Park Wrigley...various hole in the walls, even Pilsen and Downtown Rush street and the scene seems so bland.....take it how you want it while there are alot of cute girls out there. None of them are really mind blowingly gorgeous either. A lot of these 20 something year old look like they are mid 30s and do to much binge drinking and coke. Plus I am beginning to see regulars at some of these places.....

What do you guys think? Been a native here for over 30 years I heard Miami has a much better nightlife and hotter women. Not trying to be shallow....I go for personality to, but the dress codes in some places are laughable....hole in the walls having dress codes
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 AM

4,620 posts, read 7,688,374 times
Dress codes are (partially) to keep gangs out.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM

15,335 posts, read 22,458,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarelyOffended View Post
None of them are really mind blowingly gorgeous either

You went to the wrong places. Certainly many places don't have gorgeous women in them, but there are a lot that do. Next time you need to go to certain clubs and places (i.e. Paris Club) in River North. Lincoln Park, Wrigley, and Rush is not always the place to find gorgeous women (although Rush sometimes can).

You also aren't going to find a ton of gorgeous women at hole in the wall places. You will at certain clubs and certain lounge type areas.

Also, it's cold out. If you want a true sense of the scene, you go in the summer/spring when everyone is out, not the fall/winter.

Rush Street? In the summer it's a toss up. There can be gorgeous ones there or not. Depends. This is an older crowd.

Lincoln Park, Wrigley? College...or recently graduated college.

Pilsen and Wicker Park? Hipster-ish or Hipster. Actually I've seen a lot of good stuff in WP, but not like some places in River North.

Any gorgeous girl who's going to want to be seen and possibly meet a celeb will be going out in River North. Some do around Rush but it's a toss up. There are some rich dudes in that area, and in the summer you'll see a lot more there, but your answer is River North.

I have friends originally from Miami, LA, etc and while there's a better "scene", not by much...everything is more expensive and people are much faker there on average.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM

1,210 posts, read 2,935,044 times
LP Wrigely and Rush are some of the worst places to go for good looking local girls. Don't get me wrong, they exist all over, but it's not exactly the creme of the crop.

You just need to go to nicer places. Mercer, Studio Paris, Pump Room, Epic, Sub 51, Untitled etc etc.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM

12,063 posts, read 30,318,807 times
Are you mindblowingly gorgeous?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,995,666 times
Is it possible, OP, that you're just getting older and seeing the bar/club scene more realistically for what it actually is? I can't speak for the last 30 years, but it doesn't appear to me to have changed much in the past 5-6.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM

483 posts, read 799,340 times
If Miami nightlife is ideal nightlife, then I sure hope it is dead in Chicago.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,181,832 times
Chicago's nightlife isn't anything special and neither are the women. Chicago women have the most inflated sense of self-worth that I've ever seen. This is what happens when you have a city full of so-so looking women. The attractive ones think that they are movie stars.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:17 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,181,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rca215 View Post
If Miami nightlife is ideal nightlife, then I sure hope it is dead in Chicago.

Maybe, but Miami women blow Chicago's out of the water.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM

15,335 posts, read 22,458,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Maybe, but Miami women blow Chicago's out of the water.
On average? Yes. There's still a lot of very good looking women here and not all of them go out and party their asses off. I've found a lot to be the laid back go out to eat and chill types. Go to Le Colonial, upstairs lounge on certain nights. You will see the place full of women who look like super models. It's mindblowing.

It really depends on where you go. I could see where you're coming from, but there's a lot more here than you think.

And yes, there is a problem where some of them here think they're the most amazing people ever, but this is no different than NYC, LA, and Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago