Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM

3,922 posts, read 6,836,808 times

Advertisements

Hello Local CD-ers!

I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a celebrity in Chicago? Keep it fun and list em below!

1. Who did you see?!
2. Where did you see them?
3. Did you say anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Sure... Tyra Banks, Channing Tatum, Lawrence Fishbourne, Roger Waters, almost Paul McCartney, that one guy from Heroes (Adrian ______), Ron Howard, tons of Bears, Bulls, Sox, and Cubs players, etc

I said hey to Tyra, and I said "Ron Howard!" to Ron Howard.

Most celebrities are like normal people you know. I think it's ridiculous how much we kiss their feet.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:51 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Hello Local CD-ers!

I was wondering if any of you have ever seen a celebrity in Chicago? Keep it fun and list em below!

1. Who did you see?!
2. Where did you see them?
3. Did you say anything?
Kinda depends on how you define celebrity. If you include politicians, then Governor Pat Quinn has a campaign/political office across the street from my house, so I see him sometimes getting into black cars. Senator Dirk Durbin visited my office building once and I saw him.

I saw Muhammad Ali on Rush Street coming out of what appeared to be Jilly's about ten years ago. He was with his family. I didn't say anything.

I saw Vince Vaughn coming out of 1 Superior Place about six years ago, with an entourage. I was walking the opposite direction on the same sidewalk and made eye contact him as we passed, and we gave each other one of those "what's up" head nods but neither of us said anything to the other.

I saw Philip Seymour Hoffman smoking outside of the Dana Hotel when he was in town in 2010 to direct "The Long Red Road". He and I bear a passing resemblance. We made eye contact and I nodded at him, but didn't say anything.

When Prison Break was filming here, I saw Dominic Purcell (played the Lincoln Burrows character) walking down Chicago Ave between Franklin and Wells once. Nothing was said.

Also saw several of the actors from Think Like A Man at the AMC River East 21 theater, although none of the principles, and I can't remember who.

I glimpsed Michael Caine going to see dailies from the first Batmat in the building across the street from me.

I work for two guys who regularly appear on MSNBC and CNBC and most people into financial markets and trading would know.

I probably have seen others (I know I've seen some sports guys at the Taste in past years), but I don't tend to remember who unless I was already a particularly big fan of theirs.

Last edited by emathias; 11-08-2012 at 01:00 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 12:59 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
I saw that police chief walking down michigan ave at night.

Jody Weis

Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Oh yeah...I saw Vince Vaughn and he was extremely high. He was going into Feast and I almost ran into him on the street because he randomly went down to tie his shoe in the middle of the sidewalk. Seen Jesse Jackson coming out of Gibson's, etc. Saw Johnny Depp near Feast a few times, etc.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
I haven't seen a celebrity in Chicago in years. Guess they don't make their way up to Irving Park as much.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times
I saw Lenny Kravitz once walking down Michigan Avenue. He was shopping near the Water Tower I believe.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
I saw r.kelly at my highschool...ba-dump-bump
I used to work graveyard shift at a hotel downtown so I've met a few:
The Savage brothers (Boy meets world and Wonder years). They were sweethearts and poor Fred ended up calling down to us to report that the man in the room next to him was beating his wife. Boy, that was a long night.
Lance Bass from nsync. He was offended I didn't know who he was lol. He took it upon himself to point himself out to me on a tshirt he was wearing with all of their faces on it. I was still thoroughly unimpressed.
Trick Daddy, blah
Samuel L Jackson, ultra cool guy
Other than that, local news\radio celebrities like Jean Sparrow, Cory McPherin, and Crazy Howard McGee

Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM

376 posts, read 489,297 times
I saw Maggie Gyllenhaal a couple of years ago near State and Lake. I am 99% sure it was her, anyway, and theorized that she was heading to or from Roof.

Like many, I saw Russell Crowe in the Whole Foods in Naperville last year. He was filming that Superman movie in Oswego at this time. It is amusing that he looked just like any other slightly unkempt, unprepossessing middle-aged guy.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,062,483 times
Vince Vaughn - Studio Paris
Jay Cutler - Moes River North
Frank Thomas - Mercer
Michael Phelps - Mercer
Zac Effron - Boardroom
Lil Jon - Enclave
R-Kelly - Moes
Luol Deng - Mid
Joaquim Noah - Glencoe Beach

So..clubs. None of these were celebrity appearances or anything, just them out for a night on the town. Most of them I just shook their hand and said hi. Vince Vaughn was cool as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago