Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Haha, it's funny cuz it's true.
Only a coward would say this behind a computer screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
Only a coward would say this behind a computer screen.
Really, now?

Let's face it. Internet forums would be a lot less interesting if there weren't cowards who said controversial things. We could shut up for the sake of not being cowardly but I'd rather not.

Also - For like two years, there was a video of me saying "F*** Texas!" on YouTube. My face was shown. Is that better or still cowardly? I kinda think saying it to Youtue audience is less cowardly than sayig it to a small group of people.

And anyway, can you specify presicely where the cowardice is in this? Are you suggesting that you would attempt to kick my ass for no other reason than because I dissed your state? In Chicago, we have a name for people with this mentality - gangbangers. I know I'm not afraid of you defending your state on this forum. What is the reason you think I should be afraid of it in person?

I think the world could use more cowards and less people who turn to violence for stupid reasons like "you talked bad about my neighorhood or my state". Bu I do think it's hilarious when dumb brutes get frustrated on the internet.

Last edited by urza216; 11-29-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Im pretty sure people wouldn't be talking about skylines, density, which city has better black people, etc. In real life either.

This is a forum.
Tex mex is just Americanized Mexican food.
a certain food in different parts of mexico will taste different depending on the location.

I hate when people say it tastes more Mexican here then there if it tastes different even in mexico.

Now when bastardization happens that's a whole different story.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Tex mex is just Americanized Mexican food..
More specifically it's Texas-ized Mexican food, though. There's a different kind of Mexican food in New Mexico, a different kind in California, and a different kind in Chicago. Chicago's has been noted as closer to authentic than that in the Southwest, though, ironically.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 PM

207 posts, read 506,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
There are places in Chicago where you can get authentic Mexican food made with tortillas prepared per order, they're just not likely to be the greasy burrito shops in the North Side drinking districts.

I personally like La Casa de Samuel on Cermak not far from the California Pink Line station. Some of what they serve is straight Mexican (and, yes, some is gay Mexican), some of what they have is Tex-Mex, and they make their tortillas per order right out front where you can watch them being made.

That's because of the heroin they lace them with ...

hahaahahah....I just miss how Chicagoans have an answer for everything.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
For north side, I recommend Cafe El Tapatio at Ashland and Roscoe. Others like El Jardin on the 3300 block of N. Clark Street but I'm not really a fan. Our go-to place for steak dishes is actually on the south side and we're willing to drive halfway across the city to go there: Pancho Pistolas at 31st and Union. Just "OK" for anything else, but their steak items are first-rate.

I'm not sure how "Tex-Mex" these places are are but their menus are definitely gringo-oriented.
I tried Pancho Pistolas out on Saturday. It wasn't anything special, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago