Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM

25 posts, read 55,238 times

Advertisements

alot of idots who post stupid and irrelevant comments.. ^^^^^ so your honestly insulting my poor background?????? and you think this is why im argueing my point here??

lol well if i was from a rich background and they were trying to get rid of my community i would be on here and out there argueing and fighting for my community and people, cause I have the right to do so......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Risible bigots deserve nothing more than mockery.

Poor you.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM

25 posts, read 55,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
You should move back there. There's still apartments for rent that aren't outrageously priced (relative to the rest of the city)

You could do more good for 'your neighborhood' by being there, interacting with the neighbors, organizing yourselves and most importantly, SUPPORTING the businesses and neighborhood.

Arguing with a bunch of people on the internet isn't going to do anyone any good.
exactly

Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,878,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuertoRicanIndependence View Post
alot of idots who post stupid and irrelevant comments.. ^^^^^ so your honestly insulting my poor background?????? and you think this is why im argueing my point here??

lol well if i was from a rich background and they were trying to get rid of my community i would be on here and out there argueing and fighting for my community and people, cause I have the right to do so......
then man up and get to it. you aren't accomplishing diddly here.

last I checked you had latino aldermen in charge, so you are as empowered as anybody else is/has been trying to preserve their neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
then man up and get to it. you aren't accomplishing diddly here.

last I checked you had latino aldermen in charge, so you are as empowered as anybody else is/has been trying to preserve their neighborhood.
That probably won't work either, most Latinos are progressively minded and accept diversity, the OP appears to dislike white people in his/her old neighborhood, which would mean the he/she would have to learn how to accept people no matter what ethnicity they might be.

I wonder how the OP would feel to know that the Humboldt Park area was not a PR neighborhood throughout Chicago's history? And possibly how some polish, and german people felt they were being pushed from Humboldt Park by the PR's. Maybe they felt the same as the OP does?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That probably won't work either, most Latinos are progressively minded and accept diversity, the OP appears to dislike white people in his/her old neighborhood, which would mean the he/she would have to learn how to accept people no matter what ethnicity they might be.
The ones that are still in the neighborhood (NOT THE OP) are probably welcoming people to come in, invest some money, clean up the neighborhood, fix up the boarded houses, and get rid of the drug dealing.
Who wants to live in that?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuertoRicanIndependence View Post

You guys sit there and talk about how nice things are right now and try to promote people to move into my old nieghborhood.

some of my family moved to the south side of Chicago or had moved to Camden New Jersey or Michigan.. some friends and neighbors went to Minnesota or back to Puerto Rico some went to New York.. alot of them moved to Florida.. and a few moved to the suburbs but later moved out...
Newsflash for you - you left. It is no longer your neighborhood. If you are a so hellbent on blaming someone for the changes in Humboldt Park you should start by looking in the mirror. Then look at your family, friends and neighbors who left as well. That's where the blame lies.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM

203 posts, read 386,193 times
I used to love Lakeview in the mid-1990's back when it was an eclectic, interesting neighborhood. I eventually moved there in 2000. But it was taken over by people I don't mix well with. So I've moved on and now find joy in neighborhoods that are my scene, such as the Far North Side and Hyde Park.

I used to love Manhattan in the mid-2000's. But it's been taken over by the Sex and the City crowd and others I don't really mix with. So I've moved on and am looking for work in cities other than NYC.

Even if your neighborhood changes in ways you don't like, there's joy to be found in other places.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
The concept of owning a neighborhood and having a right to dictate its future is naive and laughable, particularly from someone who no longer lives there. It simply isn't the way things work and once you realize that you'll be significantly better off.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
The ones that are still in the neighborhood (NOT THE OP) are probably welcoming people to come in, invest some money, clean up the neighborhood, fix up the boarded houses, and get rid of the drug dealing.
Who wants to live in that?
Many neighborhoods in Chicago went downhill. The photo below is of hustling and bustling Madison Street in it's early days, as a child and young adult, I only can recall the dirty era of it, it was in one respect Chicago's skid row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago